Cade Chaos Grimoire

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My engineer goby and I still aren't friendly with each other since he buried one of my acanthos

First post of this in a lot of years, lfs pic still on their fb page, most expensive thing I ever put in the twins, engineer goby caused it's demise.

59921385_10161842510135338_5718373355438997504_n.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post of this in a lot of years, lfs pic still on their fb page, most expensive thing I ever put in the twins, engineer goby caused it's demise.

59921385_10161842510135338_5718373355438997504_n.jpg
As I live and breathe, I just walked over the tank and found this from him. Wedged it into rock and started covering it. Hopefully I caught in time.
PXL_20220913_183051273.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I live and breathe, I just walked over the tank and found this from him. Wedged it into rock and started covering it. Hopefully I caught in time.
PXL_20220913_183051273.jpg
Fish on a stick with a side of shrimp?

NLYKPORZC4KG5EGSNMWLY7ZJSQ copy 2.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. And no testing or dosing anything for a few weeks. No water changes. Nothing but feeding.

Alk somehow 12.4 now, calcium now 470.

The water in this tank is cursed. I give up.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to move the seneye over yesterday.... Oops. Will do when I get back from walking noodle & get some coffee in me. I want it for that ammonia monitor.

Engineers victim doesn't look any better or worse since yesterday. I guess that's not the worst outcome though so I'll take it for now.

Gonna start pulling anything that doesn't have corals attached in the display that I plan on keeping today (a couple aquarocks holders that are empty, etc).

Need to make an official fish keep list:
Marine betta
Foxface
Dusky Wrasse
Royal gramma
Filefish
Flamehawk
Long nose hawk
lantern basslet

Questionable:
2 blue yellowtail damsels?
3 pajama cardinals?
4 clowns?

Selling:
Engineer goby
Tomini tang
Scopas tang
Sailfin tang
Canary wrasse
Melanurus wrasse

Just need to make decisions on that center bracket. Everyone kept in the cube will go back into the big tank after the move. But they'll be in the cube around a year.

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to move the seneye over yesterday.... Oops. Will do when I get back from walking noodle & get some coffee in me. I want it for that ammonia monitor.

Engineers victim doesn't look any better or worse since yesterday. I guess that's not the worst outcome though so I'll take it for now.

Gonna start pulling anything that doesn't have corals attached in the display that I plan on keeping today (a couple aquarocks holders that are empty, etc).

Need to make an official fish keep list:
Marine betta
Foxface
Dusky Wrasse
Royal gramma
Filefish
Flamehawk
Long nose hawk

Questionable:
2 blue yellowtail damsels?
3 pajama cardinals?
4 clowns?

Selling:
Engineer goby
Tomini tang
Scopas tang
Sailfin tang
Canary wrasse
Melanurus wrasse

Just need to make decisions on that center bracket. Everyone kept in the cube will go back into the big tank after the move. But they'll be in the cube around a year.
If I was local or coming down soon, I would buy the tangs off of ya.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opinion: start the new thread for the 600 now, or wait until after the move when it gets switched to ponies? :thinking-face:

Got the seneye switched over, ammonia steadily climbing.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumped but caught up.

Why isn't that engineer strung up Madmortigen style on hooks like a warning already?
Because I'm an animal lover at heart and as infuriating as he is, I simply can't bring myself to hurt him. Also, too hard to dig him out.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Are This??
Thule hullavators. Lift assistants for me & short hubby to get our kayaks up & down from my oversized car without taking a step ladder with us :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off topic. Paying the short people tax.

Man, these things make it so much easier.

PXL_20220914_221134415.jpg
It is not just for short people. Crippled people, like me, appreciate them as well.

Until we get crippled and old, then you just build a trailer. Trailer is now a double decker and can haul 1 above the other, with onion for smaller ones on the sides.

IMG_8104.JPG

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thule hullavators. Lift assistants for me & short hubby to get our kayaks up & down from my oversized car without taking a step ladder with us :face-with-tears-of-joy:
You'd love getting in my husband's truck then,lol. 8" lifted superduty with big *** 38" tires. You think your Nissan is oversized! All my pregnancies I've had to figure out how to get my whale self into his jacked up trucks. It's not fun. Well, fun for onlookers but not so much for me, lol. Yes there had been step ladders.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd love getting in my husband's truck then,lol. 8" lifted superduty with big *** 38" tires. You think your Nissan is oversized! All my pregnancies I've had to figure out how to get my whale self into his jacked up trucks. It's not fun. Well, fun for onlookers but not so much for me, lol. Yes there had been step ladders.
I have no issues getting into it, just getting heavy things ON TOP of it lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back