OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the flow is across it to the damage not into the damage, fish pick at dead flesh ime, fingers crossed.
Yeah I had to play with the powerhead over there to get it set up safely. I'm not sure if they were just picking at dead flesh. They were grabbing and yanking pretty aggressively. Unless it was all dead and I just couldn't tell yet. But a good portion was still attached well and they were pulling against that.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highest ammonia was 0.4

Live sand, seeded media from the other tank.

Didn't move my monitor over until 3ish days in.

Used nitrocycle & turbostart as well as some PNS bacteria I had on hand.

Think i missed the higher ammonia phase since I slacked moving the monitor or is this it? :thinking-face:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other news. Bread.

Pumpkin cream cheese loaf
PXL_20220918_192231045.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging through old photos of the tank looking for something to give to someone for a project thing.

Everytime I've tried to add more sps to the tank is when things go haywire again. This is my lesson. No more. Maybe it's coincidence, but I doubt it.

Sticking with my juicy lps & fluffy softies going forward. Someone give me a good jugular chop if I start to stray again!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging through old photos of the tank looking for something to give to someone for a project thing.

Everytime I've tried to add more sps to the tank is when things go haywire again. This is my lesson. No more. Maybe it's coincidence, but I doubt it.

Sticking with my juicy lps & fluffy softies going forward. Someone give me a good jugular chop if I start to stray again!
You are still due a Steve-a-pora. It doesn't care about leathers being in the tank. It could grow in a toilet with just a makeup light on it lol.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the coral death :( Your other news bread made my mouth water. I'd love the recipe! if it is shareable, send me a PM. Hopefully this week goes better for the tanks. I have been doing the bare minimum in mine and really need to start focusing more time on them as well. I'm gonna have to double duty it. Right as I type that, I am reminding myself that Halloween is just around the corner and I have big plans for the outside and they will need to start this weekend if I am going to pull it off.. :eek::grinning-squinting-face: Also, Husband starts new schedule this week where he is now back to working every Saturday. :( :downcast-face-with-sweat:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia seems stuck in the .25 to .27 range. Acantho has 100% disappeared to skeleton, mush isn't even in the sock. I figured that would kick start it if my original chemicals didn't..... (think raw shrimp method but sadder since it was my murdered coral). Haven't tested nitrates. Thinking cycle stagnated? Wondering if I should redose w/ ammonia/bacterias again or pop the damsels over for cycling instead.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia seems stuck in the .25 to .27 range. Acantho has 100% disappeared to skeleton, mush isn't even in the sock. I figured that would kick start it if my original chemicals didn't..... (think raw shrimp method but sadder since it was my murdered coral). Haven't tested nitrates. Thinking cycle stagnated? Wondering if I should redose w/ ammonia/bacterias again or pop the damsels over for cycling instead.
I vote damsels

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 in the other tank, catching them might be an all day project but I'm willing to set up the trap and start trying. I don't really want to buy new ones though. These two are surprisingly chill.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back