OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you two will fix me when my mind breaks doing it?
I think given the status of my mind, I am not qualified to fix anyone....

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think given the status of my mind, I am not qualified to fix anyone....
There's a book that is almost central to my work. I've never read it but the title tends to give it away. It's called "The Wounded Heeler". Evidently it's about using our own damage to help inform empathy. You Might be perfectly qualified.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a book that is almost central to my work. I've never read it but the title tends to give it away. It's called "The Wounded Heeler". Evidently it's about using our own damage to help inform empathy. You Might be perfectly qualified.
Oh I just meant I'm crazy, not that I've had any critical trauma or anything. Just running a bit on the loco side.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I just meant I'm crazy, not that I've had any critical trauma or anything. Just running a bit on the loco side.
Oh no, that applies too. I don't mean to imply you did have trauma; except maybe recently to your toe.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, that applies too. I don't mean to imply you did have trauma; except maybe recently to your toe.
all physical trauma, most of it occurred at work, all by accident not inflicted by others :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

dumpster gave me a concussion.

dude broke the doors at work and I was trying to fix them and the wind blew at the right time and ripped 3/4 of my fingernail clean off - that one taught me I can't take doxycycline

distribution center loaded pallets terribly and driver didn't strap them in, one collapsed halfway and while my mil was trying to unload it and I was helping - she dropped the pallet into my back.

somehow i've never broken a bone though

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all physical trauma, most of it occurred at work, all by accident not inflicted by others :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

dumpster gave me a concussion.

dude broke the doors at work and I was trying to fix them and the wind blew at the right time and ripped 3/4 of my fingernail clean off - that one taught me I can't take doxycycline

distribution center loaded pallets terribly and driver didn't strap them in, one collapsed halfway and while my mil was trying to unload it and I was helping - she dropped the pallet into my back.

somehow i've never broken a bone though
I'm not sure the book talks about physical trauma. again I didn't read it and I disagree with many of my colleagues about how the job "needs" to be done.

Sounds like you deserve hazard pay!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure the book talks about physical trauma. again I didn't read it and I disagree with many of my colleagues about how the job "needs" to be done.

Sounds like you deserve hazard pay!
No I work in retail, I'm not even considered a human

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: sore but cooperating. Not really affecting my ability to do anything just a dull distant feeling - in fact, when I am in boots for work it is less noticeable because my toes can't really move around.... But, I absolutely hate socks and shoes so if I am not at work I will continue to be barefoot or in flip-flops - because Florida I guess. More worried about the sliced one then the one with the gash on the top, I didn't notice the cut up the whole side of the other toe until yesterday so when I first did it and alcohol swabbed the middle toe I completely ignored the other one. Just hoping I recognized it in time for it to not get infected.
People who aren't from Florida, dont understand the constant need/desire to be barefoot, even outside.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who aren't from Florida, dont understand the constant need/desire to be barefoot, even outside.
I hate shoes... Mrs. Fishy requires them as soon as she wakes and doesn't take them off until the night... would drive me crazy...

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hate shoes... Mrs. Fishy requires them as soon as she wakes and doesn't take them off until the night... would drive me crazy...
how do you nibble on her toes if they're in shoes all the time?
jay bruce friends GIF

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thinking about wearing shoes from sun up to sundown makes me so uncomfortable

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some rum... Matt wants to make his own eggnog from start to finish..I guess the recipe called for dark rum and bourbon.

Anyway, kraken has a special Florida edition?
PXL_20221211_133424726.jpg

I also see that it is a special Florida proof :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I think I start holiday bake prepping today. Going to mix my cookie doughs and freeze them until next weekend.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was absolutely unproductive today and it felt great.

Let Skeletor do a "choose your own adventure" walk this morning, ended up being just over a mile.

Hung out, finished my xmas shopping, bought myself some philodendrons online, drank some wine, brought the xmas tree out of the attic, drank some more wine, read a lot.

Didn't do any of my baking, didn't do the bigger wc on the 4g as planned. Whatever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually include candy or cookies or something in my secret santas box but they specifically requested no sweets. I'm at a loss for a filler.... ideas?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back