OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been decided, we're staying home for birthday vacation 2 weeks out and finishing the kitchen remodel instead of leaving town. I'm going to use it as dry run #1 with the tank though. No ato refills, no manual feeding, etc if it can be helped and see what I may need to change for when I do leave town for real. Still think I should buy myself something for the tank but idk what yet...

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been decided, we're staying home for birthday vacation 2 weeks out and finishing the kitchen remodel instead of leaving town. I'm going to use it as dry run #1 with the tank though. No ato refills, no manual feeding, etc if it can be helped and see what I may need to change for when I do leave town for real. Still think I should buy myself something for the tank but idk what yet...
Thats a great idea to test all equipment

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 more days of work until vacation officially starts.

Took out more of the old cabinets last night, discovered not all of the floor was tiled before cabinets went in, have to add tile to the bare spots so new cabinets (and appliances) will be level.

Freshly removed cabinets were not stud checked with a hammer, they were stud checked with a drill. There are tons of tiny drill holes on the wall looking for the studs.

We also had this really terrible corner cabinet on the ground that had a really tiny door so you really couldn't reach all the way into it. Turns out it didn't actually even go all the way to the wall, there's a little chamber of secrets back there. Full of webs and dust and apparently whomever lived here before had a fridge leak or some kind of flood so a lot of damage from that.

Despite this & the hellscape that has been work this week - I have not bought anything for the tank. I'm sure it's feeling neglected.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 more days of work until vacation officially starts.

Took out more of the old cabinets last night, discovered not all of the floor was tiled before cabinets went in, have to add tile to the bare spots so new cabinets (and appliances) will be level.

Freshly removed cabinets were not stud checked with a hammer, they were stud checked with a drill. There are tons of tiny drill holes on the wall looking for the studs.

We also had this really terrible corner cabinet on the ground that had a really tiny door so you really couldn't reach all the way into it. Turns out it didn't actually even go all the way to the wall, there's a little chamber of secrets back there. Full of webs and dust and apparently whomever lived here before had a fridge leak or some kind of flood so a lot of damage from that.

Despite this & the hellscape that has been work this week - I have not bought anything for the tank. I'm sure it's feeling neglected.
I hate renovations for just that reason. I can't wait to see finished project. Will you be able to post before and after

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate renovations for just that reason. I can't wait to see finished project. Will you be able to post before and after
I will have to dig for a before, I'm not sure we took one. I'll absolutely have an after.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:rolleyes:

PXL_20210515_002732867.jpg

Update: we got everything out except for the sink cabinet (waiting on caps to close off the plumbing tomorrow) got all the holes patched (except whatever is behind the sink cabinet) got 1 wall repainted.

Marine Betta swimming away photo for tax!

PXL_20210515_020319054.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank could use whatever you are feeding yours for lunch lol
Once a week I do a mixture of "all the things" and target fed all my LPS. I'll put a list together later - it's drinks & Castlevania time while we take a break from the kitchen remodel.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank could use whatever you are feeding yours for lunch lol
Tank target feed meal consists of:

Barrier Reef Labs LPS micropearls
Coral Feast
a little bit of whatever frozen I have for the fish (usually a v2o mix or an lrs mix)
Dr G's LPS max refrigerated food
and recently added to the mixture aquaholic aquacultures live zooxanthellae

I usually only target feed once a week, sometimes twice. Otherwise the corals grab bits of the fish food. Fish get v2o flakes on an autofeeder 3x a day, and then a couple cubes of frozen daily. Nori a few times a week, and easy masstick on target feed days (keeps them distracted)

Back