OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did NOT get that set up last night. Showered, ate, felt exhausted & read and crashed early (thunder/lightening storm contributed to sleepy - no rain though)

Got the PC stick set up this morning and currently sitting waiting for a 10am appt. Hoping I'll have time to finish the set up after the appt & before work this afternoon but we'll see.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210610_075356.jpg

A little zoa spam for you

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got PAR tested in a few areas today. Ranged from 97-125 on the sand bed. Rocks ranged as high as the mid 500s - apparently my leathers are big fans of that. The bulk of my rock work was in the 250-300 range though.

I went ahead and adjusted my lights to reduce the peak timeframe a little since I'm seeing a little bit of algae growth on the back wall now. The urchins have been hanging out back there recently so I'm not worried about it taking off. Plus it gives the tangs a space to graze.

Sailfin & Scopas are both fans of the ats algae. Chocolate & Tomini still don't trust it.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got PAR tested in a few areas today. Ranged from 97-125 on the sand bed. Rocks ranged as high as the mid 500s - apparently my leathers are big fans of that. The bulk of my rock work was in the 250-300 range though.

I went ahead and adjusted my lights to reduce the peak timeframe a little since I'm seeing a little bit of algae growth on the back wall now. The urchins have been hanging out back there recently so I'm not worried about it taking off. Plus it gives the tangs a space to graze.

Sailfin & Scopas are both fans of the ats algae. Chocolate & Tomini still don't trust it.
Give them time they will figure it out

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot to update on....

Dusky not doing great, the melanurus noticed it yesterday and let loose. Moving him to the sump to recoup *hopefully* but don't think it's going to happen. One of the fish I really want to keep, so either A - keep an eye out for a larger one, this one was tiny or B - rehome the melanurus if this attitude is going to stick around (it probably will).

Doing some sandbed rearranging tomorrow I think - now that I have ideas of PAR across the bottom. Probably going to regroup my acanthos and move the lobo over to the right side where the stray acantho is currently. Little lower par. Will also give the cynarina more space to spread out in the center where the par is a little higher.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the dusky today?
Hiding in the sump still. Struggling. If he makes it through the night I'm going to set up a small iso tank tomorrow to treat the giant bite marks on his sides :( then I'll move him to the pico to grow a bit. But I'm not confident that'll happen.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiding in the sump still. Struggling. If he makes it through the night I'm going to set up a small iso tank tomorrow to treat the giant bite marks on his sides :( then I'll move him to the pico to grow a bit. But I'm not confident that'll happen.
I hope the little guy pulls through

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning! Dusky made it through the night & wounds look significantly better already. They must have been fresh. Today's plan is pico water change & move him over. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried a few wrasse-holes over the years which is why I have a pink streak now, placid and timid, fish friction really upsets my fox face. ;)
The yellow is great with everyone. The possum fit right in....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home early. Last night my contacts were bothering me so I used a brand new pair. These ones are bothering me even more.

Also I apparently punched the headboard in my sleep??? My hand hurts. I'm over it all.
PXL_20210614_144749546.jpg

Here's the tank though.
PXL_20210614_134339975.jpg

Contacts out, nap time.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home early. Last night my contacts were bothering me so I used a brand new pair. These ones are bothering me even more.

Also I apparently punched the headboard in my sleep??? My hand hurts. I'm over it all.
PXL_20210614_144749546.jpg

Here's the tank though.
PXL_20210614_134339975.jpg

Contacts out, nap time.
Hope after you nap you feel better

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope after you nap you feel better
Napping was a failure. But my eyes got a chance to relax while I soaked my new lenses in a new bottle of solution. Now they're just a little prickly instead of on fire.

Been having more and more issues with my contacts lately, and glasses give me migraines. Submitted a request for a Lasik consult to see if maybe that's a good option for me.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Napping was a failure. But my eyes got a chance to relax while I soaked my new lenses in a new bottle of solution. Now they're just a little prickly instead of on fire.

Been having more and more issues with my contacts lately, and glasses give me migraines. Submitted a request for a Lasik consult to see if maybe that's a good option for me.
Lasik is amazing! I've had it about 10 years now, and it was worth every penny. I've heard it's bladeless now too, so that's a bonus.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back