danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
figured out the phone/light/distortion.
apparently can't have bluetooth turned on.
so now I just need to figure out filtering so the pics look like what I'm seeing. :rolleyes:
What a weird thing to cause distortion.... I use the orphek clip on lense for mine and it fixes color really well.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a weird thing to cause distortion.... I use the orphek clip on lense for mine and it fixes color really well.
I've got the Poly Lab filters. works fine with the lighting in the 150. not even close with the lighting over the tub.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All kinds of special eye treatment arrived at my house today to fight WHATEVER is going on.

CUC refresh ordered to help stir the sand bed, as well as a clam, and either another long tentacled toadstool OR a weeping willow.

CUC planned for Friday - clam and willow planned for Thursday.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the dusky?
Happy as can be in the pico right now. Some tears in his fins but what looked like angry wounds on his side cleared up almost completely the night he spent in the sump and are barely noticeable now.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy as can be in the pico right now. Some tears in his fins but what looked like angry wounds on his side cleared up almost completely the night he spent in the sump and are barely noticeable now.
Thats awesome. Your eyes anybetter

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome. Your eyes anybetter
I know, huge relief.

Ehhh, marginally better today vs yesterday. Had to take contact solution with me to work to rinse several times a day as they developed a weird haze out of nowhere & randomly felt sandy again

Haven't used any of the stuff I got today yet because I still need to take my contacts out to treat my actual eyes -- I was reconfiguring my desk at home with new monitor mounts and got distracted.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, huge relief.

Ehhh, marginally better today vs yesterday. Had to take contact solution with me to work to rinse several times a day as they developed a weird haze out of nowhere & randomly felt sandy again

Haven't used any of the stuff I got today yet because I still need to take my contacts out to treat my actual eyes -- I was reconfiguring my desk at home with new monitor mounts and got distracted.
Hopefully you get this resolved quickly

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say, that heated eye mask helped shut my brain down last night.

Eyelids are barely less swollen today, but I didn't expect things to help immediately. Still very itchy around every eyelash follicle and as soon as my contacts went in, my entire eye.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day corals.com will post a christmas tree worm rock that isn't MASSIVE or nearly $500 (most recent is beautiful, but 6.5x4.5 and I'd definitely have to rearrange). I just want to add a small one.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One day corals.com will post a christmas tree worm rock that isn't MASSIVE or nearly $500 (most recent is beautiful, but 6.5x4.5 and I'd definitely have to rearrange). I just want to add a small one.
Seattlecoral.com had some in stock.

Nima is the owners name and he ships all over.

They were super cute and he had about 6 baseball sized ones. I can't remember the price, I'm sorry. :(

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found it lol
Screenshot_20210616-070830_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seattlecoral.com had some in stock.

Nima is the owners name and he ships all over.

They were super cute and he had about 6 baseball sized ones. I can't remember the price, I'm sorry. :(
Excellent, thank you! I'll add them to the rotation to check.

I have a clam coming in tomorrow so I want to let it get settled in. I try not to add too much at once & I'm trying to decide on permanent homes for some of my blastos right now to open up sand bed space anyway.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got friends coming today - clam & leather.

Going to hit up LFS in the area to see if anyone has a sand sifting fish that isn't a goby (goatfish maybe).

Also need to move my vivida because he's been struggling a little since the relo to the new tank. Right now he's in an extremely minimal flow spot w/ the way the rockwork shields him. Just going to try a shift out a little in that island to increase flow without increasing the par - verified w/ PEA that he's in the right par area of the tank anyway, they maintain the same requests as merletti and wellsi. The babies he's shooting off on one side (away from the shield) are doing better than on the other side as well.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here to do a job. Will probably contribute to the murdering of some of the snails, but that's okay. He's very cute, he has bright blue speckling on his fins that don't show up in the photo.

PXL_20210617_155051751.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back