OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I snatched up my CW as soon as it was back in stock and I had the funds. Wanted one since I listened to the reef news network episode with the owner of CW. Figured I should get it before I got distracted by something else
Reason I'm trying to get this Lasik done asap with this payout I'm getting tomorrow. Before I find something else to spend it on.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My procedure is next Friday morning.
Right On Yes GIF by Budweiser Canada

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its peanuts and most tree nuts. Pecans, walnuts, pistachios, cashews. But I can have almonds (don’t ask me why). Other than that I can eat anything. Idk what I’d do if I were allergic to dairy or seafood. Or something like corn or soy since they’re in everything
No Fluffernutters , chocolate chip cookies with walnuts or pecan pie? I’d be one unhappy puppy :p

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to hear... :) ..."SEE"...;):cool:
Yes, I'll be extra absent that day. Procedure appointment at 730 est, 2-3 hrs in office (mostly paperwork, only like 15 minutes of staring at a laser) and then a 4-6 hour required recovery nap

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'll be extra absent that day. Procedure appointment at 730 est, 2-3 hrs in office (mostly paperwork, only like 15 minutes of staring at a laser) and then a 4-6 hour required recovery nap
I had mine done about 3pm and slept 14 hours...

It was glorious.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today the plan is to pull the last 4 sticks out of the pico and get them moved over here.

Test calcium since I changed products.

Order new alk products (torn between brs soda ash and brightwell 8.3)

A bunch of random pico maintenance (all the stuff I did here last week basically).

Find a home for the new "weeping willow" it's so small right now that I'm still not 100% sure. A lot more polyps out today so maybe I can turn flow off and test it, otherwise we may have to wait for a little growth and to see how it does once up in a little more flow in general. I *think* I know where I want to put it.

Placed a CC order of thingssss for both tanks. Not sure if the zoas/palys will go here or there. The yuma is for there for sure. The other 4 are for here for sure - I think. Unless I start messing with the par over there once the sticks are out.

(pictures removed from actual post, please see attachments)

So all of those, plus the christmas rock, a lighter purple alveo, and a black/green rockflower all coming next week. Yikes.

My other medium/long polyp toadstool that was picked up locally as a weeping willow but 100% is not (this new tiny frag already has longer polyps than it) is now blocking my orange stylocoeniella completely from view. It's still alive and spreading back there but I miss seeing it. Not sure I can pull this guy out and/or move him to reveal the other again. Any ideas there?

1624199518529.png 1624199526261.png 1624199530875.png 1624199538661.png 1624199542683.png 1624199546799.png 1624199551354.png

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Fluffernutters , chocolate chip cookies with walnuts or pecan pie? I’d be one unhappy puppy :p

yeah I don’t know what I’m missing and am a-okay with it. I’d be more upset if I couldn’t have cheese hahah

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my old red refugium light ... Anyone ever have success with softies with those? Thinking about setting up a box in the sump with rubble & leather clippings (to keep contained & out of the display while they attach). Not sure if that light would suffice though.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my old red refugium light ... Anyone ever have success with softies with those? Thinking about setting up a box in the sump with rubble & leather clippings (to keep contained & out of the display while they attach). Not sure if that light would suffice though.

@F i s h y had some success with softies under a fuge light. Pretty sure he’s on vacation so I’m not sure when he’ll see this but yeah

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@F i s h y had some success with softies under a fuge light. Pretty sure he’s on vacation so I’m not sure when he’ll see this but yeah
My Xenia and some sinulara does fine under an evergrow red based “oregano” light. It is mixed in with my macros.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Xenia and some sinulara does fine under an evergrow red based “oregano” light. It is mixed in with my macros.

Excellent. My blue Solomon is hanging 3/4 down the tank now & in need of a haircut

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy! I've got a few patches of cyano tucked between rocks in blasto island & along the front wall of the tank. Realized my powerheads were turned extremely low at some point so I've turned them up a little & shifted a little of the rock to see if we can knock that out without upsetting anyone.

I was also toying with the idea of moving one already, so I went ahead and did that - we'll see how the corals respond.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade fts, you can see the patch in question, it almost looks like it originates below the sand. Look at that Solomon tree on the far right.
PXL_20210620_190647478.jpg

Pico fts, all acros out and in the cade. Looks so empty. 75% of the zoas are big mad. I moved a tiny gorg over here.
PXL_20210620_191111252.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Half of the front of my tank is cleared up. Moved it back up a little higher as it was kicking sand over my lobo. Will probably turn it up a little more tomorrow - realized it was on like 1/4 power.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back