danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, better photo of this guy

PXL_20210620_171847089.jpg

Seems to be doing well still, firmly attached to that piece of rock I pulled out of my rubble bag (that's why it's so clean).

My phone translates the gold tones to brown though :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank seems to have adjusted fast to me moving the powerheads a little and turning them up. I might still increase the power a little more, I'm only at half right now... giving it a week before I decide for sure.

Half of the sand bed cleared up, the other half not as bad as it was.

Found my oxydator, putting that back online. I only have 8% available right now, but it'll work to ease the tank in. I ran one all the time on the 90 until the start of the pandemic, then I figured peroxide probably had better uses elsewhere so I took it offline for - well it's probably been a year now. I'll likely switch to 12% when it's time to refill if they're all responding well with the 8% & I don't see why they wouldn't when that's what the 90 ran with and I have a higher water volume now.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda love what you've done with the leathers in filling out space and giving it that lush look. Tempts me to plant some of my over reproductive green nepthea in some more prevalent positions.
Thanks! I love their natural flow with the powerheads. The fish dart in and out of them without me worrying that they're going to break something or anger it (because lets be honest, these leathers don't care about anything). I have a couple small stereonepthea planted on the other side but they're slower growers.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking add an acclimation box to the sump to put leather cuttings in w/ rubble? Flow isn't super high down there so I'm not 100% certain it's necessary. May be strong enough to move them around before they're attached though.... Decisions.....

EDIT: thinking about it, worst case I have it available for when it's time to move the dusky back over - probably not a terrible idea

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the lowest I've had in ages, I'm assuming it's all the ats & filter roller as I do nothing intentionally to control these levels.

1624457646026.png

Finally seeing a good decrease in the elements my mud shot through the roof. Actually have a few corrections to make this month and for the first time in my moonshine history, nickel isn't one of them.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the lowest I've had in ages, I'm assuming it's all the ats & filter roller as I do nothing intentionally to control these levels.

1624457646026.png

Finally seeing a good decrease in the elements my mud shot through the roof. Actually have a few corrections to make this month and for the first time in my moonshine history, nickel isn't one of them.

I don't test as you know, I was about to add mud again, didn't realize it bumped some levels?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping confirmation for Cherry order. :cool:

Got out of the overnight at 2am, to a dead car battery in one of the sketchiest parking lots in town. Took 4 of us 35 min to finally get my car to jump properly. Home just after 3am right in the peak of husband's snore session. Took me a very long time to fall asleep, and I woke up multiple times. Then he woke me up at 7am confused about my message saying my car was dead. I was able to fall back asleep for 1 hour, and woke up to a massive cramp in my right calf.

And I work in 2 hours :(

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't test as you know, I was about to add mud again, didn't realize it bumped some levels?
It adds a lot of random elements to your water, but for me it added things that my tank wasn't utilizing at the rate it released. None of the big elements, but there were a few minors that just started climbing and climbing and then stopped as soon as I pulled the mud. Moving it to this tank and adding more water volume helped dilute it some, and then more time has helped bring those down as my tank utilizes them at its very slow rate.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It adds a lot of random elements to your water, but for me it added things that my tank wasn't utilizing at the rate it released. None of the big elements, but there were a few minors that just started climbing and climbing and then stopped as soon as I pulled the mud. Moving it to this tank and adding more water volume helped dilute it some, and then more time has helped bring those down as my tank utilizes them at its very slow rate.

Because I don't do water changes either I might add one tray at a time to build up to the 4 I used to run, my trace must be low even with dosing All For Reef.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news is I survived work tonight.

I'm home, having a beer, contemplating my life decisions and rewriting my resume (applying for a different position within the company) :cool:

Should have 2 coral deliveries tomorrow. As well as possibly a supply delivery?

Friday is procedure, starting to get nervous.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm home, having a beer, contemplating my life decisions and rewriting my resume (applying for a different position within the company) :cool:

Good job on the surviving, and preemptive congrats on finishing the resume!

They offered valium for my procedure, but it wasn't bad without it. Focus on how amazing Saturday and Sunday morning are going to be without have to reach for lenses after waking up!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job on the surviving, and preemptive congrats on finishing the resume!

They offered valium for my procedure, but it wasn't bad without it. Focus on how amazing Saturday and Sunday morning are going to be without have to reach for lenses after waking up!
They offered it to me as well but I declined, I was given it for something else once upon a time and it had zero impact on me, to the point I legitimately asked if I was given a placebo.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Speaking of contemplating life decisions...
IMG_20210623_200249.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of contemplating life decisions...
IMG_20210623_200249.jpg
I have questions about this..... please elaborate.

I'm currently drinking a home brew coconut coffee porter (mock Hawaiian Lion)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer stouts or sours... It's a gose brewed to 9 then cut down with straight pickle juice, so not bad... But man that pickle juice hits hard on the first sip!

Coconut coffee porter sounds like it would hit the spot though
I'm a stout/sour person myself. Sours sometimes kick up the good ole acid reflux though - but i'll try them anyway!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resume done, gotta call the boss tomorrow and let him know I'm applying to leave the store side of the business though, that'll be a fun convo.... Can't guarantee I'll qualify this round, it's a travel heavy position that someone local just retired from - for whatever reason they have it listed that they'd prefer someone in the north east but not required. Can't hurt to apply.

Had to look it up, my seattle corals order did ship - never got confirmation though. Worm rock incoming :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back