OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral day :) Both out for delivery. Supplies got bumped to Fri/Sat (a box to put rubble in so I can trim the solomon, afr for the pico, etc).

Hopefully I can get photos today if they settle nicely, otherwise it may not be till Saturday

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20210624_145116689.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, @Eagle_Steve remind me to look for baby rock flowers in a month. I caught two of my commons spawning last weekend
Reminder in phone set lol. Also, I am seeing babies from my last spawn of about 50 rfa. Found 9 babies so far. Hoping for a mix of shallow and deep. Would love to have the patterns of shallow and the colors of deeps lol.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to sound absolutely absurd, but.... Since I'm stuck in my glasses today I have a horrible headache and I'm so dizzy trying to figure out where anything is. Everyone's just going in a tiny rock rack for now and I'll have to put them in real homes on Saturday. I had intended to move all the blastos away from the mound today, but that's not happening either.

Look who's already starting to peep out though!
PXL_20210624_155316786.jpg

PXL_20210624_155313435.jpg

Disclaimer, I cannot visually focus on anything, let alone try to focus my camera today. Sorry!!

Also, pretty sure I know where everyone is going to go, I just can't handle it right now.

PXL_20210624_155258679.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus is going to get sumped this weekend. Between nearly bullying the dusky to death, and now he's picking at my *invited* worms. I know, I know.... He didn't invite them personally - but she who feeds the tank, makes the rules.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating on my own thread so it doesn't get lost and I can reference for progress.

A few days ago I noticed my larger hippopus was looking a little uneven. Examination shows his "hinge" seems to be broken. Did some research, upping my calcium a little (raising from 420 to 450) and keeping a closer eye on my strontium levels. Might try to make him a "cast" or sling of sorts in the next few days. Seems like many of them heal, and only clams that truly extend past their mantle seem to occasionally suffer ill effects from it. Hippopus don't do that anyway.

I just walked away from my laptop to see if I could get a photo but he's all closed up right now because the urchin is cleaning his side anyway. :rolleyes: Give me a couple days!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to gluing all the blastos in - as well as my new corals. I also moved the new clam UP with his little cradle rock. I'm *tired* somehow, despite sleeping all day yesterday - and a storm is coming in, so I think that calls for a nap. Other stuff later.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I survived. I napped a bunch. Now comforting a scared pup due to thunder

PXL_20210625_220354099.jpg

I discovered weighted blankets help as much for the fuzzy folk as us hooman beans when the fear/anxiety strikes. Made Rusty a veritable pup burrito in one of ours and he ended up sleeping through a storm which never happens.
C0532292-130D-4F49-ADAC-6179942DDC72.jpeg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discovered weighted blankets help as much for the fuzzy folk as us hooman beans when the fear/anxiety strikes. Made Rusty a veritable pup burrito in one of ours and he ended up sleeping through a storm which never happens.
C0532292-130D-4F49-ADAC-6179942DDC72.jpeg
I never thought to try a weighted blanket for him because I **hate** them myself. I am 100% not okay with the lack of control over my body movements from a heavy blanket.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never thought to try a weighted blanket for him because I **hate** them myself. I am 100% not okay with the lack of control over my body movements from a heavy blanket.

id lay money it’d help. Funny though. We all LOVE them in our household. But then, I’ve always wanted to feel my blankets weight when sleeping. Even if it made me over heat. And I hate being hot. Luckily the weighted blanket I use for the sleepy time isn’t too hot

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id lay money it’d help. Funny though. We all LOVE them in our household. But then, I’ve always wanted to feel my blankets weight when sleeping. Even if it made me over heat. And I hate being hot. Luckily the weighted blanket I use for the sleepy time isn’t too hot
Ugh, Matt has one that every once in awhile he will throw off of himself and on to me in the night. Nothing enrages me faster. I will steal his to test on the noodle though

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, Matt has one that every once in awhile he will throw off of himself and on to me in the night. Nothing enrages me faster. I will steal his to test on the noodle though

please report back. Curious to see if it’s effective for more than my goofy floofy

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back