Cade Chaos Grimoire

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's still there and not rusted should I just remove it? It'll function without correct?

Hat making in progress
PXL_20210804_135515197.jpg
That'll be a you call If it's in good shape. . . I've got to assume removing that reflective material absolutely dumps the effective rate of the UV. When I pulled my part the first time it was rusted to all get out, So I had to spend a few hours removing it. That unit has since been taken offline. When my Earl turned corners and started going downhill fast, I pulled it offline thinking that maybe part of the problem.

Is that 3D printer yours?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That'll be a you call If it's in good shape. . . I've got to assume removing that reflective material absolutely dumps the effective rate of the UV. When I pulled my part the first time it was rusted to all get out, So I had to spend a few hours removing it. That unit has since been taken offline. When my Earl turned corners and started going downhill fast, I pulled it offline thinking that maybe part of the problem.

Is that 3D printer yours?
Okay, we'll see what shape it's in tomorrow and go from there. Still watching for a better one. I was contemplating one of the aqua ultraviolets long term but figuring out plumbing with accessibility to change bulbs without cursing a ton had me stumped. The one you got from Mike would fit in the sump area I have a lot better, but the vendor is out of the size I need currently. Kinda hoping I can get by with this for a bit then those will be available again.

And yes, the prusa is mine.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, we'll see what shape it's in tomorrow and go from there. Still watching for a better one. I was contemplating one of the aqua ultraviolets long term but figuring out plumbing with accessibility to change bulbs without cursing a ton had me stumped. The one you got from Mike would fit in the sump area I have a lot better, but the vendor is out of the size I need currently. Kinda hoping I can get by with this for a bit then those will be available again.

And yes, the prusa is mine.
I'm still trying to get that UV plumbed correctly.

Pretty jealous about your printer.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still trying to get that UV plumbed correctly.

Pretty jealous about your printer.
It was a good investment. Next on the list is a CNC machine if we can find space for it.

We're redoing all the remaining floors in the house first though because we hate this tile & one room still has carpet that's gotta go.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a good investment. Next on the list is a CNC machine if we can find space for it.

We're redoing all the remaining floors in the house first though because we hate this tile & one room still has carpet that's gotta go.
I would definitely have more used for a CNC machine. Especially with making router templates.

Have fun with the floors. I love laying tile. Tore my acl last year doing it, but still love it

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, ice packs on and off all day. We just got home and he's so happy to be here with all his things again.
PXL_20210731_213754290.jpg

Vet appt drop off at 10am. Still very swollen but he walked on it better when he loaded into the car and when we got home. Could just be car/home excitement overruling pain.

Tank photos, glass is gross.

Gonis & alveopora like the new branch.
PXL_20210731_212714755.jpg

Ruby getting big.
Side shot
PXL_20210731_213042813.jpg

Front view
PXL_20210731_213016856.jpg
I’ve been looking everywhere for some ruby red Xenia looks good!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Tuesday to today got my alk up to 7.5 from 7.1 and calcium to 430 from 408. Calcium I just need to figure out the new daily dosage to maintain 450. Today I did a correction dose and upped to 20ml a day - I'll test tomorrow to see where we're at. Alk is just going to continue to be a slow process until I get back where I want.

Made the urchin her own ring, she promptly dropped it and went back up to steal the foam one again when I replaced it.

No sterilizer. Wasn't happy with the condition of it. Was way more used than I felt comfortable with knowing to look for the rust now. Also maybe I just needed to threaten the tank with it? Cyano seems to be completely gone today, fogginess is gone as well.

Tried to get tubing for my ato on the pico to rerun where I'm storing it but they gave me the wrong size.

Smashed my finger real good at work yesterday and hit it about 45 times today.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Tuesday to today got my alk up to 7.5 from 7.1 and calcium to 430 from 408. Calcium I just need to figure out the new daily dosage to maintain 450. Today I did a correction dose and upped to 20ml a day - I'll test tomorrow to see where we're at. Alk is just going to continue to be a slow process until I get back where I want.

Made the urchin her own ring, she promptly dropped it and went back up to steal the foam one again when I replaced it.

No sterilizer. Wasn't happy with the condition of it. Was way more used than I felt comfortable with knowing to look for the rust now. Also maybe I just needed to threaten the tank with it? Cyano seems to be completely gone today, fogginess is gone as well.

Tried to get tubing for my ato on the pico to rerun where I'm storing it but they gave me the wrong size.

Smashed my finger real good at work yesterday and hit it about 45 times today.
Sorry homie. Sounds like you had a Day!

What's are we drinking?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry homie. Sounds like you had a Day!

What's are we drinking?
Cream & Sugar Please currently (Cycle Brewing - local brewery)

Also got my hair redone which wasn't a bust at least.

The zero cyano in the tank suddenly isn't the worst thing to wake up to, hopefully it holds.

PXL_20210805_234647948.jpg Screenshot_20210805-170125.png

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The zero cyano in the tank suddenly isn't the worst thing to wake up to, hopefully it holds.

The wife has had a lot of super bright colors and fades. Last was pink purple and blue. She was super sick of cold showers so went back to normal colors but I Loved the bright colors.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife has had a lot of super bright colors and fades. Last was pink purple and blue. She was super sick of cold showers so went back to normal colors but I Loved the bright colors.
My last batch was a burgundy/teal to pastel fade. My current shampoo holds beautifully with lukewarm showers so I don't mind it too much. I just put it under a cap the showers it's not getting a wash so I can turn it up a bit.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last batch was a burgundy/teal to pastel fade. My current shampoo holds beautifully with lukewarm showers so I don't mind it too much. I just put it under a cap the showers it's not getting a wash so I can turn it up a bit.
Sounds awesome. The hair, not the beer.

Lactose in Beer?? Something about that just screams STOP to me.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smashed my finger real good at work yesterday and hit it about 45 times today
One always seems to hit whats hurt way more than what us reasonable.

Beautiful

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One always seems to hit whats hurt way more than what us reasonable.

Beautiful
Yeah I'm gonna slap a bandaid on it at work since it's open and randomly bleeding still & work is full of dust & dog pee. Seems safer.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 days in a row with zero signs of cyano. I'm not sure where it went, but hopefully it knows it's not welcome back. Didn't even have to set up a sterilizer.

PXL_20210806_224934672.jpg

All four of the tangs are in this picture, and I did water testing two days in a row.

I must not be feeling well.

Back