Cade Chaos Grimoire

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been slow going since I added them. Super slow. Slower than literally everything else. But there's been progress, every time the urchin pulled up the purple and I went to replace it I could see encrusting on the bottom side (I finally glued it in). They just all insisted on taking the long route I guess. My very old one I had in the 20 (and lost :() took a really long time to start to scroll, it had to be encrusted a certain amount first, once it satisfied that need it took off in growth, I'm hoping these 3 follow that pattern. The other two I put pictures up of one is just an encruster, I have no idea what the other one does - it was a freebie.
I just have the one monti and it was my first sps. It did literally nothing for 4 months and then went 80% white over the course of a week! I was pretty sure it was a goner. As a last ditch effort I moved it to high light and flow and in a week got its colours back and took off. It’s probably grown 2 inches in the last month, both up and out.
when they’re happy they’re happy I guess!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have the one monti and it was my first sps. It did literally nothing for 4 months and then went 80% white over the course of a week! I was pretty sure it was a goner. As a last ditch effort I moved it to high light and flow and in a week got its colours back and took off. It’s probably grown 2 inches in the last month, both up and out.
when they’re happy they’re happy I guess!
yes exactly, mine have allllllwayyyysssss started slower than anything else in the tank though. No idea why.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been slow going since I added them. Super slow. Slower than literally everything else. But there's been progress, every time the urchin pulled up the purple and I went to replace it I could see encrusting on the bottom side (I finally glued it in). They just all insisted on taking the long route I guess. My very old one I had in the 20 (and lost :() took a really long time to start to scroll, it had to be encrusted a certain amount first, once it satisfied that need it took off in growth, I'm hoping these 3 follow that pattern. The other two I put pictures up of one is just an encruster, I have no idea what the other one does - it was a freebie.
They are slow than bam they explode with growth.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won't touch aiptasia, going after these instead.
PXL_20211008_002118935.jpg

Apparently I have to stand guard until the tank lights go off and he goes to bed so I can net him and stick them in the sump.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning PJ tushies you've got there!

Spam
PXL_20211010_220518133.MP.jpg
They did NOT want to leave the lens view. The top one kept swimming directly in front of what I was trying to photo.

Tank looks great!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxy was here yesterday morning, missing as of last night. No body. If he/she jumped through the feeding opening of the lid there's no body nearby either. :rolleyes: icing on the cake that was yesterday.

Was hoping I'd see them out this morning but nothing still.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxy was here yesterday morning, missing as of last night. No body. If he/she jumped through the feeding opening of the lid there's no body nearby either. :rolleyes: icing on the cake that was yesterday.

Was hoping I'd see them out this morning but nothing still.
Hope its just hiding behind the rocks because its scared

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope its just hiding behind the rocks because its scared
Still no foxy evidence :(

I checked all the Marine Betta's fav hideouts and only found him & my lantern basslet skulking about.

Still no body either, and no detectable uptick in levels.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance he jumped. They are skittish fish.
I looked around briefly. I plan to investigate further this evening. Only opening in the lid is the small feeding window for the autofeeder.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back