Cade Chaos Grimoire

jandlms

Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I just finished the retirement home and wife let me have a fish room. Yay! My only advice is to plan well and then DOUBLE the size of the room. I feel like a spoiled brat cuz what I have is too small and it’s only been wet for three months.
well that was weird. Sorry for the double post

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a decent top down shot of my zoa garden....from Dec 19, 2019. You can see one of my clowns in here, they've taken to the Armor of God zoas and as a result, the AOGs are tough as nails and spread like wildfire.
IMG_20191219_082617.jpg
Amazing picture!

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I just finished the retirement home and wife let me have a fish room. Yay! My only advice is to plan well and then DOUBLE the size of the room. I feel like a spoiled brat cuz what I have is too small and it’s only been wet for three months.
Thats nice!

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't take that risk, that's exactly what I'd run into. Our plans include a 3 car garage for him for his hobbies. I'm trying to restrain myself but definitely already thinking about where I can put a cube in the office over there :cool:

Already planning to leave this tank in the living room (he asked if I want to sell and start over but I don't think so)

My current two tiny tanks on the build in we discussed in my office, maybe flanked by 2 cubes for species tanks...hmm.... So many ideas.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite the fact we're looking at moving, we are redoing the flooring in our current house this weekend.

Plan is to rent this one out anyway.
Other things on the remodel list:
Spare bathroom (new tub, pull all the tile off 100% of the walls, new floor)
Master bathroom (change from tub to walk in shower, new flooring, new sink)
Master bedroom (get rid of carpet, new flooring)

Then everything will be fresh and ready to go.

Anyway.
Old living room/hallway/dining room/kitchen/etc floor. This weird pinkish grey
PXL_20211016_133810698.jpg

New.
Waterproof vinyl instead of tile
PXL_20211016_133816976.jpg

Hopefully finishing today.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite the fact we're looking at moving, we are redoing the flooring in our current house this weekend.

Plan is to rent this one out anyway.
Other things on the remodel list:
Spare bathroom (new tub, pull all the tile off 100% of the walls, new floor)
Master bathroom (change from tub to walk in shower, new flooring, new sink)
Master bedroom (get rid of carpet, new flooring)

Then everything will be fresh and ready to go.

Anyway.
Old living room/hallway/dining room/kitchen/etc floor. This weird pinkish grey
PXL_20211016_133810698.jpg

New.
Waterproof vinyl instead of tile
PXL_20211016_133816976.jpg

Hopefully finishing today.
I like it much better :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it much better :)
So much better. This house was built in the 80s, there's also a bathroom that's a weird pinkish color partnered with a burgundy. I hate it. We're slowly updating. Bathrooms, bedroom are all that's left.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because we didn't want to move the tank, we did the flooring around it and saved enough to fix that area when we move. We're going to do a small molding in black around the bottom to hide the change.

PXL_20211016_220812460.jpg

Today was a lot of running around, didn't quite get as far as we wanted to. Living room is 100% - I'll be painting and attaching all the baseboards tomorrow out here.

We did the cut ins for all the doorframes in the hallway & are doing a few cuts while we wait for dinner (sushi).

Then we're headed to the brewery to relax for the rest of the evening.

We'll finishing the floors 100% tomorrow then deal with the trimming throughout the week if necessary.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Floors done! Took a baseboard painting/cutting break to catch the rogue filefish finally and put him in the sump. Should be done with baseboards today, probably deal with tank trim during the week though.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at a fish order of small and docile guys to fill in and increase activity. Firefish (now that I have a trustworthy lid), neon blue gobys, etc. Any thoughts/recommendations?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the neon gobies are really active at all levels in tank,i have 6 in the shroom tank... :)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the neon gobies are really active at all levels in tank,i have 6 in the shroom tank... :)
That's what I like to hear! I was thinking 2 for this tank?

Also: today was the first semi-respectable day probably all year in temp. We opened the windows for a few hours. The tank pH hit 7.9 for the first time in an extremely long time. Between breathing creatures having the audacity to live here & the CO2 from the canisters for the kegs & brewing - we seriously struggle.

Wish it was feasible to draw a line from outside but it's just not placed appropriately. Looking at the brightwell products and considering giving their booster a try, worst case it does nothing and I maintain where I am.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, ordered some fish, they'll be here Thursday. Hopefully....

Also giving the AF Vege a try, not sure if anyone has any feedback on that? My fish are starting to act up with nori alone and I need some more variety for the vege fiends.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, ordered some fish, they'll be here Thursday. Hopefully....

Also giving the AF Vege a try, not sure if anyone has any feedback on that? My fish are starting to act up with nori alone and I need some more variety for the vege fiends.

This is all my flake and nori, the middle two are vegie and the green one is one of my two staples along with the blue but I like to mix things up.
The nt labs ones are my newest additions and are odd to see and feel as they are damp and sort of in sheets so you have to flake it yourself, I feed with all pumps on and my fish went nuts for them the first time I tried them and cleared all of it in about half the time they would normally take. ;)

DSC_0401 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all my flake and nori, the middle two are vegie and the green one is one of my two staples along with the blue but I like to mix things up.
The nt labs ones are my newest additions and are odd to see and feel as they are damp and sort of in sheets so you have to flake it yourself, I feed with all pumps on and my fish went nuts for them the first time I tried them and cleared all of it in about half the time they would normally take. ;)

DSC_0401 (1024x683).jpg
I did a look around the last time you posted about this and I couldn't find it anywhere. I'll have to check again

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DSC_0401 (1024x683).jpg
Oddly enough, now that I'm digging in some more... the pond shop in the next town over is the only vendor in the state for any of their products. But not the marine things :(

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back