danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news, this came in today.

PXL_20211025_235445288.jpg
I couldn't find where to buy the actual clip it's supposed to go on so I tossed it in the little pouch I use for nori. All 4 tangs figured it out immediately and seem to be enjoying it.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make it through today and I finally have a day off tomorrow.

Changed the dosing settings, we'll see what happens today.

Potential "cold front" here, only problem is it's so muggy from impending rain that I still can't open up the house without it feeling disgusting in here :(

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
simon cowell facepalm GIF

A lesson for everyone else:

Recalibrate everything before you stress yourself out.

I've been tracking my pH with a combo of pinpoint & seneye (pinpoint for # base, seneye for trend/stability)

My pH has been stupid low. Husband brews beer, we have co2 tanks, this all tracks.

Decided it was time to recalibrate my pinpoint and in the midst of looking for my fluids found my Hanna pH guy, with solution good until 2024 so ran a test, hit 8.0 hmm....

Recalibrated, 8.0 not heckin in the mid 6s to low 7s :rolleyes:

RECALIBRATE frequently.

(I will say though, a few doses of boost made a tremendous difference to stability. No regrets there.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else feel like their days off just simply *don't exist* lately?

Thursday I had a ton to do, tomorrow my fam will be visiting.... I think next week I'm actually obligation free on my 2 days.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thursday I had a ton to do, tomorrow my fam will be visiting.... I think next week I'm actually obligation free on my 2 days.
Yep. Feel the same way. It gets crazier as we move toward Thanksgiving and Christmas

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh this season is my busy time too, it starts with hunting season which lasts late Sept to early November, which has a way of taking all my time, then a birthday in late Oct ( just happened), then right around the corner is holiday Thanksgiving, then nose dive to 2 birthdays in December, plus Christmas for 4 kids. November always seems like it flies by, I'll blink its it's Christmas already. My brain is fried, I need coffee, and a replacement brain... lol.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh this season is my busy time too, it starts with hunting season which lasts late Sept to early November, which has a way of taking all my time, then a birthday in late Oct ( just happened), then right around the corner is holiday Thanksgiving, then nose dive to 2 birthdays in December, plus Christmas for 4 kids. November always seems like it flies by, I'll blink its it's Christmas already. My brain is fried, I need coffee, and a replacement brain... lol.
Sounds like you need a clone or 2

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to look at a piece of land tomorrow and do some walk throughs of models from a builder we're looking at.

Already dreading the idea of moving the tank in a year or so o_O

BUT already figured out a perfect placement for the cade and a passthrough into another room so I can have larger equipment more accessible (uv sterilizer, etc) or better storage.

Also, I think there's more tank space in general.
Just catching up here. Got booted.

I love having my equipment in the room behind the tank. Gives me much more space and light to work "under" the tank if needed.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: haven't spilt up the dosing more yet, meant to last night but forgot. I'll do it tonight.

2 nights ago I sat at a minimum of 6.4 for a good 5 hours or something.

Last night 6.4 was the minimum still, but only for about an hour before I see some stable increase again.
What are you using for constant pH monitoring and logging?

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using for constant pH monitoring and logging?
I run a seneye to monitor trends and track and then have a pinpoint in as well because the seneye isn't 100% accurate on its own (you can apply a trim to adjust it)

Since I forgot to calibrate my pinpoint for awhile my new plan is going to be to run the Hanna each time I replace a slide in the seneye and verify each.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make it through today and I finally have a day off tomorrow.

Changed the dosing settings, we'll see what happens today.

Potential "cold front" here, only problem is it's so muggy from impending rain that I still can't open up the house without it feeling disgusting in here :(
Guess it gets as muggy there as Jacksonville.Even when it starts to get cool it’s yucky

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess it gets as muggy there as Jacksonville.Even when it starts to get cool it’s yucky
Exactly! Today is nice though, doors and windows are open!
Daughter is in Tampa this weekend for a wedding. Spent the day at the aquarium yesterday. Said she had a blast. I’ve never been..she wants me to go back with her :)
You absolutely should! Tampa aquarium is better than Clearwater but visit them both if you're in the area. That famous dolphin is there.

Edit: Winter is her name I think? I should really know since I live here.

Last edited:

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly! Today is nice though, doors and windows are open!

You absolutely should! Tampa aquarium is better than Clearwater but visit them both if you're in the area. That famous dolphin is there.
It’s cool outside, but humidity is still at 70%:p

May try to go early March. It depends on her schedule, my moms/mother-in-laws health, and tanks health. I figure it’s safer to leave it open ended. Every time I make a plan, something comes up. ;Hilarious;Dead

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Felt that. We’ve had tons of funerals this pass week it’s overwhelming. But I can go home and be alone. That’s not possible with your family visiting, I’d go crazy lol

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back