OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband snores too. It’s nice when he’s gone on a business trip. I find I do sleep better then.
New house will have a real spare room I can use when needed. Instead of couch.

He snores worse when he drinks & when it's cold. It's cold for us right now and last night was d&d

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New house will have a real spare room I can use when needed. Instead of couch.

He snores worse when he drinks & when it's cold. It's cold for us right now and last night was d&d

9c53085c-3899-465f-8881-c40c38112fd2_text.gif

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2mg seems to be the magic number. I still wake up a few times but I'm able to fall back asleep within a decent time frame at 2mg. 1mg and I woke up and was up for a solid 45min still each time. Matt says "waking up a few times still means it isn't fixed" but - this is a decent improvement and I'm tired of trying thing after thing. Her other recommendation was to start the gaba up again and take it with but I don't wanna :(

I view this as great news! Any improvement, even a small one, is still an improvement.

Problem 3: I have RLS but we've been working on correcting iron which is helping with that.

I have RBS and it appears there’s not much in the line of correcting it for me. (Restless Brain Syndrome)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use earplugs or noise canceling headphones? My best friend has to because she is the same. She refuses to sleep with me when I have been drinking because I sound like a freight train (apparently :rolleyes:) She is also the kind of friend that wouldn’t be above smothering me with a pillow.:winking-face-with-tongue::grinning-squinting-face:

There is also all kinds of different music and sounds to help with things like bilateral, binaural and a multitude of music created using various and different frequencies. I use these and they do offer me a little relaxation when going to bed. It is also recommended to refrain from eating anything about 2 hours before bed and, additionally, do not use a computer or phone 1/2 an hour prior to bed.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also all kinds of different music and sounds to help with things like bilateral, binaural and a multitude of music created using various and different frequencies. I use these and they do offer me a little relaxation when going to bed. It is also recommended to refrain from eating anything about 2 hours before bed and, additionally, do not use a computer or phone 1/2 an hour prior to bed.
I'll do you one better

I have a sound machine .
I don't eat 3-4 hours before bed.
I generally disconnect for about 2 hrs and just read before bed.

Still all these problems.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do you one better

I have a sound machine .

Sounds like your hubby needs to address his snoring and you need a mallet whack to the head lol.

tv series animation GIF

All kidding aside, It does suck to not sleep. I have gotten to the point where I do sleep, but no more than 4 hours at a time. For me that is normal and I have always been like that. One thing that helped me was running and then showering before bed. I run 12-14 miles a day (6-7 morning and 6-7 night). After the run and a shower, I can usually lay down and be asleep in an hour or so. But by that time, it is 11pm and I am up at 3am on the dot. As I said, normal for me getting 4 hours and being fine, so being back to that, I think the running (exercise also works, but have to do more of it than running) has helped me the most.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your hubby needs to address his snoring and you need a mallet whack to the head lol.

tv series animation GIF

All kidding aside, It does suck to not sleep. I have gotten to the point where I do sleep, but no more than 4 hours at a time. For me that is normal and I have always been like that. One thing that helped me was running and then showering before bed. I run 12-14 miles a day (6-7 morning and 6-7 night). After the run and a shower, I can usually lay down and be asleep in an hour or so. But by that time, it is 11pm and I am up at 3am on the dot. As I said, normal for me getting 4 hours and being fine, so being back to that, I think the running (exercise also works, but have to do more of it than running) has helped me the most.

I just need to shave my head so that's a option for me. I really struggle to sleep with wet hair & blow dryers are asking a lot of me lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need to shave my head so that's a option for me. I really struggle to sleep with wet hair & blow dryers are asking a lot of me lol.
I think you could pull it off and rock the no hair look. Also would have more room for ink lol.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do you one better

I have a sound machine .

I only said the music/sounds offer me some relaxation. They (whoever they are) have not developed anything to really help me sleep. Many years ago I let it really bother me which only exacerbated the problem. So I just smile, enjoy a ginger drink/tea and **** :p

Hey, if I can pull off a shaved head look then anyone can! ;)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only said the music/sounds offer me some relaxation. They (whoever they are) have not developed anything to really help me sleep. Many years ago I let it really bother me which only exacerbated the problem. So I just smile, enjoy a ginger drink/tea and **** :p

Hey, if I can pull off a shaved head look then anyone can! ;)
Just saying, everyone keeps giving me the same advice like I haven't been dealing with this for years or like I haven't tried anything at all and am just complaining. Contrary to many, I actually did the research and tried to find solutions myself before looking elsewhere for answers.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saying, everyone keeps giving me the same advice like I haven't been dealing with this for years or like I haven't tried anything at all and am just complaining. Contrary to many, I actually did the research and tried to find solutions myself before looking elsewhere for answers.

No doubt! I, for one, do not think you are just complaining. I take it as you reporting. Moreover, it is apparent to me that everyone offering suggestions or their own personal experiences with the same issue(s) simply cares and is trying to be understanding and helpful. It’s my experience that there are not a whole lot of places one can go anymore and receive that level of friendship anymore. I cannot confirm but strongly suspect most everyone feels the same way. Simply put; people care and want to help.

BTW - I stopped giving advice to anyone long ago. I simply offer suggestions. Whatever one does with whatever I suggest is their decision.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt! I, for one, do not think you are just complaining. I take it as you reporting. Moreover, it is apparent to me that everyone offering suggestions or their own personal experiences with the same issue(s) simply cares and is trying to be understanding and helpful. It’s my experience that there are not a whole lot of places one can go anymore and receive that level of friendship anymore. I cannot confirm but strongly suspect most everyone feels the same way. Simply put; people care and want to help.

BTW - I stopped giving advice to anyone long ago. I simply offer suggestions. Whatever one does with whatever I suggest is their decision.
Yeah that wasn't a hit at you directly, just an in general I've been through the ringer 400 times with every soul that comes along.
Que sera sera
The lack of sleep didn't used to phase me so much, but every retail holiday season gets worse and now it's making it harder to handle. Or the burnout is making it harder to handle. Or both.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, wanted to bake today but didn't get that far. Made candied ginger with some ginger that was getting old in the fridge, byproduct of that is some ginger simple syrup - should be good in coffee & teas.

Baby tank
PXL_20230118_182806010.jpg

PXL_20230118_182828643.jpg
PXL_20230118_182809738.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ME LOVES THE PINK MUSHROOMS!!!! and that neat ricordea in the front!!
They're actually orangey but I didn't filter the lense at all so pink is how they look.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back