Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20230122_033806833.jpg

Whatever, got this sweet boy
This one says
Draw Me Polar Bear GIF

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have to ask...just how old are ya' ??... :)
Adow GIF by A Discovery of Witches
Drunk Season 2 GIF by Paramount+
Season 1 Please GIF by Paramount+
I used to watch Lucy and I dream of Jeanie at night when I was a kid and they played them in chronological order, so when it came to the time when they switched from black and white to color I was so amazed that I ran downstairs to tell my mom and she died laughing. This was the early 90's. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else watch I Love Lucy? I loved that show to pieces!
My daughters is name Lucille after that show specifically my wife and I grew up watching it. When it came dow to picking we both wanted it. So her name is Lucille Rose. I get to come home from work everyday and say LUCY IM HOME...

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I gave you two thumbs up so….lol. Exactly what number is a mystery lol.
asking if you are a minor ,or not, in public, yes or no will suffice .

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful, reading on starting the culture is a little daunting - at least in the beginning.
The culture is super easy to start. The longer you keep your starter going the better it gets. You can get a nice sour bite after a few weeks if you keep your starter at room temp. The technique is the hard part.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super secret recipe:
Mix into a shaggy dough:
150g sourdough starter
250g warm bottled water 110 deg F (no chlorine)
25g olive oil
500g bread flour (all purpose flour still works)

Cover with plastic

After 30-45 min stretch and fold your dough 4 times rotating 90 degrees each time. Don't be shy here this builds up the gluten and if you are using a lower protein flower like all-purpose then it is extra important.

Cover with plastic

After 1 more hour (1 hour 30 min-1 hour 45 minuets) add:
10g salt (this late addition of salt prevents the salt from stifling the yeast on the first rise).
Strech and fold again 4 times.

Move into a Dutch oven on a circle of parchment paper for the final rise.
Put the lid on, no plastic.

12-18 hours later pre-heat oven to 400 deg F
Optional: paint the outside of the bread with a 50/50 mix of cornstarch and water to maximize blistering of the exterior and good crust formation.

Score top with a razor blade to allow for expansion and nice presentation. Get fancy here. You want to aim for ¼-⅜ inch deep cuts. Keep in mind that the cuts will expand into the design that you want.

Put the lid on the Dutch oven and into the oven it goes for 20 min. Do not peak! You need the steam to be captured in the vessel.

After 20 min remove the lid. Lower temp to 350 and continue baking for 30-40ish min with the lid off. Color will determine your total time not temp.

Remove from the oven and immediately flip out and place onto a cooling rack (this is why you have parchment paper on the bottom).

Let cool for AT LEAST 1 HOUR! Prior to cutting into your loaf to promote the crumb that you expect from a nice sourdough.

And done.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super secret recipe:
Mix into a shaggy dough:
150g sourdough starter
25g olive oil

Cover with plastic

After 30-45 min stretch and fold your dough 4 times rotating 90 degrees each time. Don't be shy here this builds up the gluten and if you are using a lower protein flower like all-purpose then it is extra important.

Cover with plastic

10g salt (this late addition of salt prevents the salt from stifling the yeast on the first rise).

Optional: paint the outside of the bread with a 50/50 mix of cornstarch and water to maximize blistering of the exterior and good crust formation.

Score top with a razor blade to allow for expansion and nice presentation. Get fancy here. You want to aim for ¼-⅜ inch deep cuts. Keep in mind that the cuts will expand into the design that you want.

Put the lid on the Dutch oven and into the oven it goes for 20 min. Do not peak! You need the steam to be captured in the vessel.

After 20 min remove the lid. Lower temp to 350 and continue baking for 30-40ish min with the lid off. Color will determine your total time not temp.

Remove from the oven and immediately flip out and place onto a cooling rack (this is why you have parchment paper on the bottom).

Let cool for AT LEAST 1 HOUR! Prior to cutting into your loaf to promote the crumb that you expect from a nice sourdough.

And done.
“And done” made me smirk… as if to insinuate that was a short easy process. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

nicely written instructions though. ;)

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super secret recipe:
Mix into a shaggy dough:
150g sourdough starter
25g olive oil

Cover with plastic

Cover with plastic

And done.
Saving this, thank you! Probably going to start up a culture in a few days, found a few different recipes/methods to play with to get it started up. Excited, I think.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone do sourdough? I think I want to start
I love sourdough bread but have never made it. I read up on it a couple years ago but seamed like more work than I was willing to at that time. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back