OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the Wav's out, Little to powerful for my tank after few days... They were nice wave makers... Awesome for bigger tanks for sure.... So went back to Vortech, MP40 on Left, and 2 MP10's on right....

Last edited:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should try a gel filter for your camera. Tame's the blue haze in your videos. They have Aquariclips for smart phones and other filters for camcorders.

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have raised my power on the radion's very slowly over the last 2 months.... Here is where I am at 63% with Par ratings....

fullsizeoutput_12d8.jpeg

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a demonstration of activating a virtual outlet which creates a scene for me to take photos...

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep pumping out the videos!

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worth every penny. I am running a total of 160 gallons of water thru my system. It pulls out heavy skim. Breaking period is rather quick. It does act up and will run wet on occasion, but that's usually if I dos something like reef energy. It pulls stuff out quick. The pump is a reef octo varios. Has its own separate controller. I just run it on max. What I like about this unit is it pulls a lot of air. I have a CO2 scrubber hooked into the airline of the skimmer and my pH range is 8.0 to about 8.2

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worth every penny. I am running a total of 160 gallons of water thru my system. It pulls out heavy skim. Breaking period is rather quick. It does act up and will run wet on occasion, but that's usually if I dos something like reef energy. It pulls stuff out quick. The pump is a reef octo varios. Has its own separate controller. I just run it on max. What I like about this unit is it pulls a lot of air. I have a CO2 scrubber hooked into the airline of the skimmer and my pH range is 8.0 to about 8.2
Do you rely on the float switch to shut your skimmer pump off when the cup is full or do you just dump it before it gets there. Seems like the float switch would be handy to avoid overflows, something that would pay for itself. But there would be down-time if you went switch shut-off to shut-off.

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my skimmer directly in the middle of my sump. I am also down there once or twice a day and empty when needed. I was thinking of running a drain line into a bucket out the collection cup eventually...

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DarthSimon do you have your Octo Regal skimmer on 3rd party control with your Apex? I'm thinking when I set up mine I'll do it that way so when my skimmer float switch trips it will send me an alarm. Also when the Apex goes into feed mode, it will dial down the skimmer motor power so it doesn't power off completely. Easier on the motor powering down a bit versus power off completely. And you still won't get skimmer to go nuts with excess organics while in feed mode.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the large sump now do you keep anything inside the stand?

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO, I have everything Apex, and would you believe I never set that up. I am in my control room 2 times a day doing work, so I empty the cup manually.... One day will get around to installing the Float Switch...

@DarthSimon do you have your Octo Regal skimmer on 3rd party control with your Apex? I'm thinking when I set up mine I'll do it that way so when my skimmer float switch trips it will send me an alarm. Also when the Apex goes into feed mode, it will dial down the skimmer motor power so it doesn't power off completely. Easier on the motor powering down a bit versus power off completely. And you still won't get skimmer to go nuts with excess organics while in feed mode.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back