DaStaCo long pause alarm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does it mean? In fact, what do all the alarms mean? Manual is pretty bad

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish i could help you i just ordered one and have not recieved it yet, its hard to find support online with this product when needed other then a facebook group. Should start a Dastaco thread for support type help and reviews for people here in the states that own one of these units

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I assume you solved this problem since your post was months ago, but from the manual and my experience, if you are getting a long pulse alarm it can mean that the dosing pump is not working properly either because of an obstruction, the water inlet tube is above the water line (this happened to me last week) the peripump tubing is shot or is installed improperly (I've heard of it twisting on install which prevents it from working) or you aren't venting it at least once per day.

I've also had an alarm (not sure if long pulse or short pulse) when the CO2 tank is empty and from gunk getting in the float preventing it from moving cleanly. A quick clean out of the co2 chamber solves that.

The best thing about these units is that there are so few moving parts its not hard to pintpoint the cuase of an alarm. Oh, that there is an alarm is pretty great too, otherwise you might not realize that the unit is not working properly until your alk drops significantly.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You should set the power to a timer or apex and vent once per day for normal use. This prevents inert gasses from building up and increasing the ph. You can vent more often and this will increase the capacity of the unit somewhat. They recommend more ventings if you are maxed out on the dial and your alk is still dropping.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should set the power to a timer or apex and vent once per day for normal use. This prevents inert gasses from building up and increasing the ph. You can vent more often and this will increase the capacity of the unit somewhat. They recommend more ventings if you are maxed out on the dial and your alk is still dropping.
That will probably be me i just bought a dastaco Extrema A4 for my 500 gallon sps dominated tank, always wanted one of these units and i got one at a great price just hope its not to small for my beast
20232014_1483763638385149_8484521779952181425_o.jpg

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank! I’m sure it will keep up with your alk demand. I run my A3 at 5-6 to keep my alk at 7.8 - 8 on this 340. Plenty of headroom.
f37ef9fb9df8785c070a979236511a58.jpg

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could find a good deal on one!
Nice displays you two.
I'm back in and building up after a 5 year break. Purchased a used 2 year old setup about six months ago.
Years ago I remember needing (wanting) a 2hp chiller, posting some frags for sale, and a week later had the $2k+ for the chiller. It's hard without the stuff to barter now!

OP
OP
olaggie01

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I never got back on this thread. I get a long pause alarm from time to time. I assume it is Co2 build up and once I turn the unit off for a bit it goes away.

Thoughts?

It’s an awesome Co2 reactor and paired with Alkatronic it is nearly bullet proof

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. I never got back on this thread. I get a long pause alarm from time to time. I assume it is Co2 build up and once I turn the unit off for a bit it goes away.

Thoughts?

It’s an awesome Co2 reactor and paired with Alkatronic it is nearly bullet proof

I would swap out the rotor and tubing inside the peristaltic pump every year max to keep the unit nice and happy. Also make sure this pump is mounted at the height of the top of the unit. Don't set the alk dial at 1 or it seems to throw alarms. I prefer 2 ventings per day to keep the unit happy as well. If you do these basic things the unit seems to run almost flawlessly. Hope this helps. Here are the alarms. (Scroll to the bottom for US)

Attachments

• Dastaco alarmen.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 808

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back