Data Input API

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to input pH and temperature data into the reef pi via an API? I would like to input the data coming from my Seneye SUD.

OP
OP
Indoor Reef

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to share that I've found this discussion which seems to show how to load the analog input data from a file...
Thread 'Displaying Seneye in Reef-Pi' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/displaying-seneye-in-reef-pi.836074/

I'm going to try it now but looks like it should work. Still interested to know where the official docs are for the analog input features.

The way I'm loading the data is a little different to the discussion above since I'm loading the data from the SUD direct to the raspberry Pi. I can share after incase its helpful for anyone else.

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to share that I've found this discussion which seems to show how to load the analog input data from a file...
Thread 'Displaying Seneye in Reef-Pi' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/displaying-seneye-in-reef-pi.836074/

I'm going to try it now but looks like it should work. Still interested to know where the official docs are for the analog input features.

The way I'm loading the data is a little different to the discussion above since I'm loading the data from the SUD direct to the raspberry Pi. I can share after incase its helpful for anyone else.
That’s my code. Still running it today. My research into reading directly from the SUD is not easy. So, for now it is just a file-analog input to reef-pi.

if you are able to make this work, I’d be very interested in hearing. :)

OP
OP
Indoor Reef

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s my code. Still running it today. My research into reading directly from the SUD is not easy. So, for now it is just a file-analog input to reef-pi.

if you are able to make this work, I’d be very interested in hearing. :)
Thanks for sharing! I've got the reading from the SUD already. You can output in machine readable format too.
1630250958474.png

I can't take any credit for it but this is what I've used...

Might work for you too!

My problem at the moment is that I can't view the connectors tab.
1630251137518.png

Wondering if it might be due to using a Model 2011.12 raspberry pi!!! You don't know where is best to edit the config for the hardware do you?

If I can't get it working then I'll probably just write the data to a google sheets or something instead. Got no other hardware at the moment so not a big issue.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib Any ideas on his UI issue?
I think you have either deleted a driver without deleting its connector or some thing on that line. i.e. reef-pi database is now inconsistent state. If its a new installation reset database and start over.
We have to do a better job at warning users when the delete drivers (to delete the associated connector first), sorry about this

OP
OP
Indoor Reef

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I had followed the guidance to reset the database in the troubleshooting docs but this didn't help. I'm not sure this ever worked for me to be fair as of when I first set it up. Could it be that I'm running on a very old pi model (2011.12) that's causing this? Ive seen some threads about compatibility issues with older pi models.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I had followed the guidance to reset the database in the troubleshooting docs but this didn't help. I'm not sure this ever worked for me to be fair as of when I first set it up. Could it be that I'm running on a very old pi model (2011.12) that's causing this? Ive seen some threads about compatibility issues with older pi models.
If this is a bug i am able to reproduce, then i can fix it. Pi model should not matter as long as it 40 pin, (pi model b, 2, 3,4, A, zero). The error is about a missing driver, hence im bit surprised to know that it never worked from beginning. Is it a pi with 26 pin? that would explain it..

OP
OP
Indoor Reef

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is a bug i am able to reproduce, then i can fix it. Pi model should not matter as long as it 40 pin, (pi model b, 2, 3,4, A, zero). The error is about a missing driver, hence im bit surprised to know that it never worked from beginning. Is it a pi with 26 pin? that would explain it..
26pin. Is this completely incompatible or do I need to rebuild for different hardware?

Last edited:

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
26pin. Is this completely incompatible or do I need to rebuild for different hardware?
Yeah It’s not compatible. Rebuilding will not solve the problem. we have to add the pin map for this older revisions in the code,

OP
OP
Indoor Reef

Indoor Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah It’s not compatible. Rebuilding will not solve the problem. we have to add the pin map for this older revisions in the code,
Thanks for confirming. Is that the only dependency that you know of to get it to run on the older pi? From what I can see this looks to be the forked embd repo, right? I looked where the base addresses are detected in the rpi repo and looking like it would be fine.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for confirming. Is that the only dependency that you know of to get it to run on the older pi? From what I can see this looks to be the forked embd repo, right? I looked where the base addresses are detected in the rpi repo and looking like it would be fine.
No idea, since I have not tested it, there could be lot more. We are not using forked embd, it’s consumed from master.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back