• No

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short story is I promised my wife a kitchen renovation for our 10 year anniversary. Of course I worked a new tank into it....More to come. ;Pompus
reefer pickup.jpg

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reefer side view.jpg

Shot of the tank with my DIY shelf and dead front on the dry side. Also have the 8 bulb ATI Sunpower hung. Bottom portion of dry side will hold Triton 1,2.3A,3B. Top will hide the wiring spider web and dead front will have the Neptune and Ecotech controllers.

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More info:
Lighting:
ATI Sunpower 8 Bulb. (Blue Plus, Aqua Blue, Blah Blah) After 10+ years in this hobby and running every light you can think of I stuck with the tried and true. Thinking about adding some Reefbrite XHO strips in the future.
Circulation:
2-4 Ecotech MP40's and/or Maxpect Gyres. I have 2 MP40's leftover from my previous tank and 1 First Gen Gyre. Looking at adding 2 MP40's if I don't go with 2 Maxpect Gyres. First thought is MP40's being I have had them for many years and haven't had major issues. MP40's are probably the best $ I have spent on a reef tank!
Return:
Ecotech Vectra M1. Holy cow! It's controllable and almost silent. A big step up from the cheap pumps I have used in the past. EcoTech makes good stuff! ( I ran Radions on my previous tank I liked them, just not the same as ATI.)
Skimmer:
It's a Skimz something or other. My old Alpha died 6-12 months ago. Bought this used from a R2R member. Pump died 2 months later. BRS had a replacement. It works and isn't not too noisy. It pulls nasty gunk from my old tank so no complaints.
Heater(s):
I'm old school so I stick with Eheim. Everything else has failed.
Controller: Don't leave home without one. Again old school. Sticking with classic Apex.
Dosing:
2 Apex DOS. Had them on my previous tank. I might talk about it some day....

Cheers,
Dave

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump doesn't have a whole lot going on right now. Just some extra rock, the Eheim 300 watt heater, Vectra return pump ( I love how quiet this thing is), and Apex probes. Oh and I added a little led light bar I had hanging around that has a proximity sensor on it so I have light when the doors open. I am still debating on what light to use for the refugium. I have an XR15 Radion that I'm not using so might start with that. I am kind of leaning on a Kessil grow light though to hopefully minimize light spill. At this point I'm not sold on the ATO. I'm thinking of sticking with my Tunze ATO but that would involve running a line under the house. Not thrilled about that project.
sump.jpg

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some reef stuff from BRS over the holiday weekend while I was shacked up due to the much needed rain in NorCal.
Maxspect XF250 gyre with controller. My old gyre seized up. I really like the flow the old one put out so giving it a go again. I think I will pick up another if this one works to my liking.
Zetlight E200 Refugium light. I couldn't stomach the price or power consumption of the Kessil. Reviews on this seemed to be good.
Milwaukee Digital Refractomer. I am tied of fiddling with an analog refractometer. Not to mention if I compare the "calibration fluid" supplied with my current model and the "calibration solution" I bought from BRS I get wildly different outputs. Hoping this thing is the real deal.
I will share feedback one the stuff arrives.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back