OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the kind words Rich. Unfortunately I'm down to my blue and purple tangs which are in the QT and one dinky anthias I haven't been able to get out of the DT. I'm really surprised how resilient the anthias is being the ich wiped out larger fish overnight. I am also surprised to see how busy my tangs were as GHA is popping up in the DT all over the place. I'm thinking they grazed enough that the algae wasn't noticeable. Good news is the tangs are doing well in QT. I will keep them in copper for another week them move them to a separate tank w/o copper to ride out the fallow period.

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well being the tank is in limbo I guess it's time to add some of the kitchen renovation pics. Here is how it started.

before before.jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well being the tank is in limbo I guess it's time to add some of the kitchen renovation pics. Here is how it started.

before before.jpg

I dont see a need for the peninsula cabinets cooking out from the right wall into center view. A 5 foot tank would do much better there I think.

;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that progressed quickly. Beautiful transformation. I love the window cabinets.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending off a few ICP tests tomorrow. Saving Trident output so I don't forget it.
1591158101422.png
Lemme know how fast the turn around time is please. Trying triton tests this week after icp oes via marin lab dissappinting me twice.

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. Sending Triton and Tropic Marin. Triton has been really good in the past but a bit spendy. I typically get Triton ICP back within a few days now being the testing is done by UC. It still takes a week plus for the N-DOC being it goes to Germany. I heard TM can be a few weeks. Also to note I just did an Alk test with the Hanna egg and it came back at 8.2dkh. Much higher than the Trident. I have noticed roughly a .5dkh delta between the egg and Trident consistently.

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the ICP test back from Triton already. Crazy how fast @uniquecorals turns them around now! I'm surprised about the discrepancy between my Trident reading on Mag and the ICP test. I confirmed it with a Red Sea titration test as well. Trident is off by a decent amount. FM samples haven't made it to their destination yet.

Attachments

• doc.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 122

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the ICP test back from Triton already. Crazy how fast @uniquecorals turns them around now! I'm surprised about the discrepancy between my Trident reading on Mag and the ICP test. I confirmed it with a Red Sea titration test as well. Trident is off by a decent amount. FM samples haven't made it to their destination yet.
Red sea Magnesium is known to read high. I confirmed this with several local reefers and even @GoVols agrees. I used ICP-OES and triee out the Nyos mG kit and it was smack on the money with icp. The rs kit showed 200-ish higher then the other 2. Same results i had for 2 years. Tossed it out. Beware.

The view from my office aka the dining table when the family is out of the house.

3EC75C7E-6B1C-4521-BB93-DEF211AF1E65.jpeg
This should grow out into a fantastic forest. Love seeing the sticks preliminary chutes reaching up to the light. Gonna be beautiful!

OP
OP
Dave Cureton

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea Magnesium is known to read high. I confirmed this with several local reefers and even @GoVols agrees. I used ICP-OES and triee out the Nyos mG kit and it was smack on the money with icp. The rs kit showed 200-ish higher then the other 2. Same results i had for 2 years. Tossed it out. Beware.

This should grow out into a fantastic forest. Love seeing the sticks preliminary chutes reaching up to the light. Gonna be beautiful!
Thanks Rich! Odd thing is the Red Sea test nearly matched my ICP while Trident was off by a mile. I'm not super concerned about Trident numbers as long as they are consistent.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back