OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mixing station tanks plumbed. RODI unit won't come downstairs until ready to start filling tank. Because the tanks came with bulkheads already, I drilled out a 1" threaded plug, attached a float valve, and screwed it into the inside of the bulkhead of the RODI tank instead of drilling another hole for the float valve in the tank.

Attachments

• room6.jpg
    room6.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work bench put in today. What seemed like a good size space in the beginning is starting to feel a lot smaller. At this point, I am waiting for the sump to arrive. I still have 4 weeks left in the estimated time frame for delivery. Really can't move the tank downstairs or install the front walls until the sump arrives to keep everything easy.

Attachments

• room7.jpg
    room7.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started buying some of the new equipment I will need. 2 XF350 gyres (my existing gyres on the 120 will be mounted vertically on the back wall of the tank), additional heater, new temp controller, extra salt, and some cable clips for wire management. More being ordered over the next few weeks as I wait for the sump.
EQUIP1.jpg

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot to update as we wait for the sump to come in. Got an email yesterday that the sump has moved into production. Other than waiting for the sump, I am waiting for the 20 amp circuit breakers i ordered to come in so I can finish the electrical for the fish room. Somehow, every hardware store within 100 miles of my home did not have them in stock. Every type of QO breaker except the single pole 20's in stock.

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Electrical is finished except for routing through the two small walls that will go up once the tank is in place. Got an email yesterday that my sump should get picked up by a freight company this week. I should get the sump sometime next week.
Sill working on how to safely get the tank downstairs. We will use suction cups when lifting. However, thinking of building a sled to strap the tank to for going down the stairs. Should be possible to get my brothers jeep into the garage and use the winch to slowly slide the tank down the stairs.

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Synergy Reef CL-60 sump has arrived. Perfect condition and no damage. I'll be too busy at work this week to do anything else this week and we are going up to the lake this weekend. Hopefully next weekend, I can get the troops together and get the tank downstairs. Then, I can start on finishing the wall prior to plumbing the tank.

Attachments

• sump1.jpg
    sump1.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 53
  • sump2.jpg
    sump2.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 56

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Synergy Reef CL-60 sump has arrived. Perfect condition and no damage. I'll be too busy at work this week to do anything else this week and we are going up to the lake this weekend. Hopefully next weekend, I can get the troops together and get the tank downstairs. Then, I can start on finishing the wall prior to plumbing the tank.

Nice build David!

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build David!
Thanks. Slowly, but surely. Still probably a month or two from adding water given the time I have to work on it while still maintaining the current tank. However, it's starting to become more real to me now that I have the sump. If that makes any sense.
My wife keeps reminding the project won't be done until all the "fish stuff" is out of the upstairs laundry room. :D

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping I can get the tank down into the basement either this weekend or next weekend. I'm renting the suction cups from Custom Aquariums and am getting them Friday. While they charge your card a lot (in case you don't return them), the fee seems reasonable upon return. Their shipping cost seemed crazy to me, but thankfully I only live about 20 minutes away from them so I am able to go pick them up and avoid the shipping cost. Fingers crossed I can get the guys together this weekend and get the tank into the basement and finally finish construction and start plumbing.

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank down onto the stand today.
Step 1 get it on to the sled I built for sliding it down the stairs.
STEP 1.jpg

Step 2 was to get it over the threshold.
STEP 2.jpg

Step 3 down the stairs. The rope attached to the sled helped a little, but likely wasn't necessary.
STEP 3.jpg

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to lift and step it down the bottom the couple stairs to get it back on the dollies.
STEP 4.jpg

From their it was simply whel it into the next room in front of the stand.
STEP 5.jpg

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From there we removed the straps and got the sled out from underneath the tank.
STEP 6.jpg

Th
STEP 7.jpg
en we repositioned the suction cups for lifting onto the stand.

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THen we lifted it onto the stand and job done.
STEP 7.5.jpg

STEP 8.jpg

DONE.jpg

The suction cups and sled for the stairs actually made the job pretty easy for the four of us. Off the pallet, down the stairs, and onto the stand in less than 15 minutes.

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next steps are to paint the back and sides of the tank and finish building the wall around the tank. Hopefully can get a good bit of that completed next weekend.

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some lights today. I was going to go with the RedSea 90's, but I just love the Kessil shimmer.
A9x's.jpg

I plan to keep mostly LPS with strategically placed SPS. I know I'm reaching close to the maximum recommended length for coverage with these lights. I'll do some par mapping when I get to that point. If I need to add an a360 to the middle I will. However, I think for mostly LPS these will work great.

ALso, started painting the back and sides today. Using some Rustoleum I have leftover from painting my current tank. 24hr dry time between coats. Will share some pics in 3 days ar so...

OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished painting the back and sides of the tank. Framed up the twp sides of the walls and started running electrical. Need to go buy more wood to frame over top the tank. Plan up the drywall and paneling on the side walls this week and get the door installed.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
DH78

DH78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I am installing two outlets on the stand under the tank to give me closer outlets for plugging in things like the maxijet I use to blow off the rocks. I am putting them both inside some outdoor covers to help protect them from any drips.

Attachments

• outlet.jpg
    outlet.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 41
Back