OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kit are you talking about that you need that's only comes in 1/4? I'm really a visual girl, so can you point to some links that show what you're talking about. I had water change systems running all over my house. We can definitely make this easier for you.

https://www.thespruce.com/saddle-valve-2718691
I could not find this kit in 3/16th. 1/4th seems to be the smallest.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't you just then cut the line and put in an adapter?

58162p.jpg

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can see the new gorgonian amongst the big dead man's finger coral. I moved everything out of the conch shell because I was afraid that it could trap food and fuel bacteria and epoxied everything onto a coral skeleton.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eve is posing in both pics too.

Also Dave, my husband and I have begun preparing for my new water making/mixing station. We know where we are going to mount the RO/DI unit. This is going to be a huge improvement for me.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked on my fishroom a lot today. I went through old fish supplies, threw away ancient stuff and rearranged other stuff. Among the things I came across was my 1st seahorse tank, a 30 gallon XH tank with stand and lights. I have lots of artificial ornaments and some dry dead rock that I could use with a HOB filter to have a ready quarantine tank. Since everything is artificial I don't need to use the lights so this tank would be cheap to run. It could also serve as a baby nursery for seahorses. I said I would never raise baby seahorses again but never say never.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Considering that I did not have to buy a thing I would say this isn't too bad. It even has a prism skimmer on it but I am not running it yet because I will wait til the cycle is done. I put 2 pieces of LR from my sump to get the cycle going.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave plans to mount my RO/DI unit on the fishroom wall tonight along with running the water line to it. I am really excited. I have been keeping marine fish for 20 years and to have a water making/change station that requires only turning valves plugging in pumps is so awesome. It takes all the drudgery out of it, :)

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dave mounted the RO/DI unit in my fish room so all the heavy lifting, carrying and dragging have been removed from WCs. I currently do 15-20 gallons a week on the seahorse tank but when I get 3 more ponies I will be doing 20-30 gallons a week so making WCs as easy as possible was my goal. This is a functional system folks, its not pretty. My back does not care about how beautiful it is, ha ha! And after all, its in our basement which we call the dungeon.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pivotted all the rockwork 90° and slid the back rock to the right. The effect is one continuous structure but of varying depths. Of course different sides of the rocks are in view also. I love being able to totally rescape without all the nasties being stirred up. The tank is photogragh ready in an hour. Tomorrow I will try to take pics.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep playing with the scape to try and come up with the best flow pattern. I want the particles to be put in suspension, but anything that isn't needs to be easy to syphon up. I do not want to move rock to get at the debris.
Today I tried pointing my powerhead almost straight down and that seems to be working well. Its a nano-stream that I have set at full blast which is 1500gph+, so it has some punch. I have it at the top of the tank to spread out the flow pattern by the time it hits the bb. There is no rock right near so an oblivious pony should not be smashed into rock.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back