Dawn's 56g memorial seahorse tank!

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the feeding station. I am assuming its glued to the glass cleaner? I was thinking of something along the same lines since my tank is acrylic and the magnet cleaner they sold me still scratches it. I figured this would be a great way to reuse it so it is not a total waste.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the feeding station. I am assuming its glued to the glass cleaner? I was thinking of something along the same lines since my tank is acrylic and the magnet cleaner they sold me still scratches it. I figured this would be a great way to reuse it so it is not a total waste.
Thanks bobman. I did not glue it to the mag cleaner, it is just between the 2 magnets. I may try using the smaller size for a cleaner less clunky look, or even an aquarium magnet.

want2bsleepy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reading your updates and watching your videos. I can't wait to get my ponies! I know we will have two chairs pulled up in front of the tank to watch them each day.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reading your updates and watching your videos. I can't wait to get my ponies! I know we will have two chairs pulled up in front of the tank to watch them each day.
Thats what I do too, ha ha!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girls really have caught on quite nicely to eating in the new food bowl. Samson is another story. I still need to feed him personally with the turkey baster and even then he is oblivious at times.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I made a positive change with my tank. I had a U-tube configured with an Aqualifter to assure a syphon would always start when the pump was turned off and then back on. Aqualifters are not necessary if the flow into the tank matches closely to the capacity of the HOB overflow because then bubbles do not accumulate in the U-tube. I had an extra U-tube that was unaltered.

Last black Friday I upgraded my return pump to a variable flow DC-6000. I figured I could dial in the flow to exactly what I needed so I tried the unaltered U-tube. It worked perfectly. I double checked by turning the pump on and off multiple times and it works like a charm.

I also vacumed the fan on my T5 Coralife fixture. It was really dirty since I had never cleaned it before. It still works so I think its all good.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ponies and tank are doing great. I have begun to feed just a little small particle invert food to the gorgs once a week. I also have been dosing magnesium as I noticed my caulerpa didn't look as lush as it could. Anyway both macros and corals are looking better.

The ponies are learning when I turn the nanostream off that they should head for the feeding trough! All 4 ponies are eating quite well and the youngsters are growing.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved Ruth into QT because of a white patch up high on her neck. It might be just her coloring but it looked suspicious and I did not want to take a chance. She is only in clean saltwater now as I hate to put her in antibiotics again. I will watch her closely.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruth is still in QT and missing her friends. She is eating pretty well and I like the looks of her neck where the white patch is. Its changing which tells me its a good thing I moved her.

She probably scraped it on rock going underneath something. Either that or I bumped and scraped her with the feeding tube as I was putting it in the food bowl. Sometimes with 4 ponies all crowded in to eat its hard not to bump any of them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back