OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I am going to overhaul my display tank. For me that entails removing most of my smaller pieces of live rock and the corals that are mounted to them and placing them in a 5 gallon containing tank water. That amounts to about 7 pieces, leaving the 2 very large dense pieces of live rock in the tank. With the display dismantled, I can then syphon out bubble algae, deal any HA I might come across and blow off detrtus that may have been trapped under rock.

Also my aquascape has morphed into mostly 1 big blob of live rock with coral and 2 tiny islands of macro algae and coral. I hope to improve apon that. Hopefully I can take pics later on.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gone for a week watching granchildren while my hubby held down the fort at home. He did a good job with the ponies and even did a WC for me. I had some film algae when I got home but nothing serious.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is she? I cant remember. Where is she from?
I got her from Seahorse Source in April. Dan and Abbie had told me that they found shipping the seahorses when they were a bit younger was easier on them so I am guessing that she was 4-6 months at that time. So I am estimating that she is just under a year old.

From what I have read most erectus lose their cirri by a year but some can lose it later than that. Dan said that some keep it however and I am hoping Delilah is one of those.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking stunning!!

Thanks Krista. I had to learn the hard way to keep seahorses in a simpler, less congested tank where food and detritus is more easily cleaned. I miss a sandbed but I don't miss the maintenance. I am coming to appreciate the airy openness of this tank.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dawn,

Here it is the red titan! It looks fabulous! I love it!!!
received_10156884358885550.jpeg

received_10156884343535550.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back