vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it s a dwarf seahorse for sure.
I had erectus fry the size of an adult dwarf that had already cirri Ray
Thanks Lucie for the verification but after she has not grown at all in a month I kind of figured it out for myself.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe it has been so long since I updated my thread...my bad. Anyway I paid over $50 to ship Jr to a home that had the resources to care for her properly.

As far as my own 3 ponies are concerned they are doing well. I still have them in the the bb display with mostly just macro algae for them to hitch to and a colony of palys. The tank is minimal so that there is not accumulated debris or detritus to discourage pathogenic bacteria. The tank is not as aesthetically pleasing as my reef but the seaborses are the stars.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
</blockquote> <script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>
Here is an updated pic of the ponies (I hope). In 4 days Eve, one of my 1st two ponies will have been with me for 5 years!

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that did not work so I am trying again, LOL. Here goes:

This a pic from this morning 9-28-19 of my ponies. They have been doing great and on 10-2-19 Eve, one of my first seahorses will have been with me 5 years. She is a grand old gal who still loves to eat and play.

Lucie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting that she have kept her cirri, it s pretty rare in captivity passed more than 1 year old

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting that she have kept her cirri, it s pretty rare in captivity passed more than 1 year old
Yes, I kept expecting it to shrink in her first year but it never did. She is a 'Seahorse Source' pony and I specifically asked for a seahorse with cirri, even though I figured she would eventually lose it. Its been nice that she still has it in abundance. It makes her look so exotic.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have some sad news, Eve the matriarch passed today. She has been declining for a while in that she wasn't fast enough to snick live food. She still had a zest for life however up to the end. Just this week earlier I saw her playing in the flow in front of the powerheads. She was a great pet.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have some sad news, Eve the matriarch passed today. She has been declining for a while in that she wasn't fast enough to snick live food. She still had a zest for life however up to the end. Just this week earlier I saw her playing in the flow in front of the powerheads. She was a great pet.
Sorry to hear about your loss of a long time pal. :(

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm so sorry, Dawn. She was an amazing pet, and you gave her an absolutely great life

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry, Dawn. She was an amazing pet, and you gave her an absolutely great life
Thank you Daniel. I am left with just Samson now and I do not plan to get any more ponies. I hope to find him a new home where he will not be the only Seahorse since they are very social creatures.

Eve was an amazing pet surviving all my noobie mistakes. I think she was 6 and a half years old so thats a pretty grand life.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back