DC Pumps: Ecotech vs. Royal Exclusiv vs. Abyzz

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well one thing for sure, ecotech vectra is bad.
I tested my L1 vectra that is suppose to be 3100gph, on my 5 feet 1" return pipe flow reads 380gph on 100% setting.
I hooked my old syncra 4.0(900gph) flow jumped to 550gph.
Super disappointed with the performance of such a pricey pump.\

Last edited:

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get on the website and download the manual. Did you calibrate the pump? I can say without a doubt the L1 is not a great pump for many reasons. I’m on my 4th one in 3 years because they keep failing. Thankfully the customer service is top notch

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the pump was calibrated. You can download the manual from their website. I can assure you the L1 is not a great pump by any stretch of the imagination. I’m on my 4th one in 3 years but thankfully customer service is next to none

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vectra's are garbage. I had one fail (controller) right before leaving town for 2 weeks. Had a backup pump that I set up, but if it happened the next day I would have come home to a mess. I'll never use one again. I now have an Abyzz A100 and LOVE it. Well worth the money for the peace of mind with the 10 year warranty.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get on the website and download the manual. Did you calibrate the pump? I can say without a doubt the L1 is not a great pump for many reasons. I’m on my 4th one in 3 years because they keep failing. Thankfully the customer service is top notch
I have done all that my friend. I been a reefer for 12 years and went through every pump there is from Ac to DC. My personal conclusion without a doubt that vectra line up is absolutely horrible. 100$ pumps better than their L1 not to mention lower sizea..:((

Chilli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vectra's are garbage. I had one fail (controller) right before leaving town for 2 weeks. Had a backup pump that I set up, but if it happened the next day I would have come home to a mess. I'll never use one again. I now have an Abyzz A100 and LOVE it. Well worth the money for the peace of mind with the 10 year warranty.

in my tank is the A100 also running. I love it!!!! a very strong heart in system!!! it runns in my red sea reefer 250 with 44% - 19Watt.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the RD3 230w and the Vectra L1 while by no means even close in price comparison, the RD3 has never given me any trouble
How do you like the red dragon line up? I only have it only bubble king skimmer but never used them for return. Am trying to decide between RD and abyzz..

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe running 1inch line is restricting the pump far to much. These don’t do very well with head pressure. Not sure but I believe it needs a minimum of 1.5 inch.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe running 1inch line is restricting the pump far to much. These don’t do very well with head pressure. Not sure but I believe it needs a minimum of 1.5 inch.
Naah, 1" can handle 1000gph with gravity no pressure. It can go up to 2500gph with pressure.
I agree with you, based on my testing, vectra collapses under any head pressure. The flow they advertise is if the pipe is flat lol.
Once u add head pressure. Every foot take so much off your flow..what a horrible marketing trick.
Royal execlusive or abyzz, they give you real data. Such a shame.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You all can give me 500$+ and I'll paint a jebao to match and you'll be super happy with it.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naah, 1" can handle 1000gph with gravity no pressure. It can go up to 2500gph with pressure.
I agree with you, based on my testing, vectra collapses under any head pressure. The flow they advertise is if the pipe is flat lol.
Once u add head pressure. Every foot take so much off your flow..what a horrible marketing trick.
Royal execlusive or abyzz, they give you real data. Such a shame.
Interesting. I’ll give it one last shot. Lol
How about a week power supply?

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I’ll give it one last shot. Lol
How about a week power supply?
I doubt it, power supply would work or not work. Cause it supply fixed DC voltage, so unless the issue is current is being limited which I highly doubt it..
If that's the case Thu still indicate poor quality product ha ha

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually now that am doing more research, it look like vectra have had a rough road.
Many are complaining that the pump is melting from internal heat...very common complaint...omg I cannot believe I went with this pump.
I was so biased with my vortechs I though ecotech products are all good...
Well....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back