DC pumps for a Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25

Jaboizav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I want to get a DC pump for my Waterbox Peninsula mini 25. I just bought a mightyjet and realised pretty instantly it wasn’t going to fit...

The dimensions of the pump chamber are;

80 x 118 x 400mm
3.1” x 4.6” x 15.7”

My question is are there any DC pumps that fit in that space that come well recommended? Or am I doomed?

thank you!

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 326 gph version doesn't fit?

Dimensions - 3.7" L x 2.5" W x 3.4" H

beyond that i'd just get a sicce one. why does it need to be DC? i think the DC options for nano pumps are pretty few and far between

OP
OP
J

Jaboizav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the 326 gph version doesn't fit?

Dimensions - 3.7" L x 2.5" W x 3.4" H

beyond that i'd just get a sicce one. why does it need to be DC? i think the DC options for nano pumps are pretty few and far between

nope, unless I were to put it on it’s side which I’m assuming is not a good idea! Was looking for a DC for more controllability, don’t want to put my hand in the tank to change flow rate and unplug it every time I feed. Are there any other pumps that have these features?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope, unless I were to put it on it’s side which I’m assuming is not a good idea! Was looking for a DC for more controllability, don’t want to put my hand in the tank to change flow rate and unplug it every time I feed. Are there any other pumps that have these features?

Once the flow rate is set you never have to change it again.

Set the pump up on an outlet with an on/off switch, like a smart plug or something.

Lerequin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to WB specs, the pump chamber in the WB Pen mini 25 is 3.1"×3.7"×15.7" or 80 x 95 x 400mm.

I don't have the tank yet but I'm considering a Jebao DCS-1200.
This pump is exactly 95mm long.
dcs-1200-size.jpg

So I would need to trim the inlet like this guy did for his Fluval Evo 13.5 .
Have you measured the pump chamber? If it is 118mm that would increase the options.

gonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jaboizav,

i am a bit late to the party but i am actually running the mightyjet desktop on the return chamber. And as you said it does not fit - unless you cut a bit of the thread of the inlet and put the pump slightly diagonal. I am happy so far and can take a couple pictures but surely this is not for everyone. Especially since the inlet thread needs to be shortened in a way that you also have to shorten the holder of the impeller shaft. It is however absolutely silent.

Lerequin, did you actually set the DCS-1200 up?

Lerequin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jaboizav,

i am a bit late to the party but i am actually running the mightyjet desktop on the return chamber. And as you said it does not fit - unless you cut a bit of the thread of the inlet and put the pump slightly diagonal. I am happy so far and can take a couple pictures but surely this is not for everyone. Especially since the inlet thread needs to be shortened in a way that you also have to shorten the holder of the impeller shaft. It is however absolutely silent.

Lerequin, did you actually set the DCS-1200 up?
Hi @gonz . I received the Jebao DCS-1200 but I don’t have a tank yet :p. I am waiting to move to a new home to get a tank. I can measure the pumpand take pictures if you need though.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @gonz . I received the Jebao DCS-1200 but I don’t have a tank yet :p. I am waiting to move to a new home to get a tank. I can measure the pumpand take pictures if you need though.
Any word on if this pump worked? I'm debating which pump to buy for this exact tank. Thank you in advance.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could measure the longest side that would be brilliant :)

If you could post a picture, or some sort of guide, I would really like to use this pump If I could. Considering just getting the Cube 20 instead because this pump will for sure fit.

Garry125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the best place to get one of these pumps. Amazons is over priced and other sites I'm wary of cause I never heard of them. If PayPal was accepted I'd be all over it.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the best place to get one of these pumps. Amazons is over priced and other sites I'm wary of cause I never heard of them. If PayPal was accepted I'd be all over it.
I ordered mine off of Bulk Reef Supplies website.

Sesty22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this pump today. Wow this is quite had to trim it a little but well worth it.
Easy enough to do? Mine comes in on Wednesday and I'm a little nervous but I think the risk worth the reward. Take any pictures by chance? Thanks for the info!!

Garry125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy enough to do? Mine comes in on Wednesday and I'm a little nervous but I think the risk worth the reward. Take any pictures by chance? Thanks for the info!!
It's pretty easy you don't have to cut the whole thing. Cut as close to the impeller bushing as possible. I did 1/8 of and inch and the pump goes in on an angle.

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am looking to do a DC pump for my WB Mini 15 too...i thinkt return pump chamber is the same dimensions

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I've learned the Mightyjet return pump sold at BRS or Innovative Marine fits. It's a great choice for the Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25G in relation to this thread. Only problem is it's only available in America and they don't ship anywhere. I would assume Mightyjet is better quality than the Jebao DCS 1200. But the Jebao is like half the price and has a similar flow controller. Except you would need to trim the Jebao down to fit.
I've been running a dead silent Aquaone 750L/ph pump just to suffice for now because the OG pump was just too loud. My tank's at my bedside and it drove me nuts. I use a Sicce voyager 2 to keep good flow.
The Jebao DCS 1200 would be my pump choice. Although before stumbling onto this thread, I had been thinking for a long while about buying and adding a whole canister filter, taking the crap out of it, fill it with bio-media and use black tubing to pull water from the bottom of the return part of the sump and attach the flow part of the tube to that duckbill water spreader it comes with. Then it's basically your standard return pump while simultaneously adding more water volume and housing more beneficial bacteria increasing the overall stability of the Nano tank. I wanted to do this on top of building a refugium with an AC110 Aquaclear HOB Filter to house Chaeto and Copepods. You could call me an equipment junkie but I just want a nice diverse developed stable tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back