DC120

Discussion in 'Simplicity Aquatics' started by pecan2phat, Feb 9, 2018.

1. pecan2phat

pecan2phat Active Member

Hi Simplicity,
    Been looking for a skimmer for my Waterbox 40.1 which only has a skimmer area of 7.12" x 7.12"
    The specs on your DC120 looks like it'll fit but is it an overkill for a 24g display/14g sump? Looking to confirm footprint dimensions and your thoughts on whether the skimmer will be over sized for this system.

TIA!

Tags:

2. Simplicity Aquatics

Simplicity Aquatics Simple, Effective, Affordable R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hello Pecan!

Overkill is all relative right? Yes its more skimmer than you need, but it will still work great. You certainly can oversize a skimmer to the point where it won't be effective but you aren't anywhere near this level of oversize.

I had an 18" cube tank (25gal) and a 40gal breeder that was half full making it roughly 45 gallons total. On this setup I ran a 240 DC Skimmer that worked great. (I picked the 240 because it was a test unit we had)

If you have the sump for it, I'd go for it!

3. pecan2phat

pecan2phat Active Member

Thanks for the reply Simplicity.
    Can you also answer another.....
    Been also looking at your acrylic sumps, specifically the 225SS for my 180g tank. Nowhere can I find the thickness of the acrylic used. I for one find that this info is important for longevity and integrity of the vessel. Would you be able to answer this?

4. Simplicity Aquatics

Simplicity Aquatics Simple, Effective, Affordable R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hello Pecan!

On the 225SS sump, the front panel, back panel and the bottom panel and made from 0.31" thick acrylic and the sides and other material is made from 0.24" thick acrylic.

Hope that helps. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Draft saved Draft deleted