DC's 50 Lagoon

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like starting off the new year with a new setup. It's up and running and currently cycling. Looking forward to keeping a wide range of corals and still debating on inhabitants. This is the largest setup I have ever done. I am looking forward to a little elbow room.

Tank: IM Fusion 50 Lagoon 30" x 24" x 16"

Stand: Custom made

Lighting: 24" Aquatic Life's T5/LED Hybrid w/ Kessil A360WE

Filtration: Intank Media Baskets x2

Flow: Pair of Jebao SW4

Substrate: Carib Sea Bohemi PInk & Haitian Live Rock

As it currently sits

Full.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like starting off the new year with a new setup. It's up and running and currently cycling. Looking forward to keeping a wide range of corals and still debating on inhabitants. This is the largest setup I have ever done. I am looking forward to a little elbow room.

Tank: IM Fusion 50 Lagoon 30" x 24" x 16"

Stand: Custom made

Lighting: 24" Aquatic Life's T5/LED Hybrid w/ Kessil A360WE

Filtration: Intank Media Baskets x2

Flow: Pair of Jebao SW4

Substrate: Carib Sea Bohemi PInk & Haitian Live Rock

As it currently sits

Full.jpg

Cool, I have the same tank but not quite ready to get wet yet. Following along to see your progress.

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I have the same tank but not quite ready to get wet yet. Following along to see your progress.

Thanks for following along. You are going to love these dimensions. Probably my favorite tank so far. I think I've finally settled on the scape for now.

scape.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following along. You are going to love these dimensions. Probably my favorite tank so far. I think I've finally settled on the scape for now.

scape.jpg

That looks great. I’ve been messing around with my scape in the dry tank using Liferock and I’m not 100% happy with it yet. I’ve got too much rock and I can’t decide which ones to take out. In hindsight I wish I would have got smaller rocks to work with.

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great. I’ve been messing around with my scape in the dry tank using Liferock and I’m not 100% happy with it yet. I’ve got too much rock and I can’t decide which ones to take out. In hindsight I wish I would have got smaller rocks to work with.

I think everyone can take a while to settle in on the scape. You can count on it changing over time as well. LOL. I've had the same problem in the past. I usually pick a big one I do not like and use a pick with hammer to break it down in smaller pieces. That way if I mess up, no problem. I didn't like it anyway. Good luck with the scape and build. Let me know when you are up and running. Would like to follow along your process.

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the hybrid light working out for you? Are any of the t5 bulbs over the rear compartments?

I really like the way the T5 hybrid unit worked out. I was able to get it directly center over the display area. The best thing is once you assemble the hybrid unit, you will find that there is around a 2" space in the front and back of the unit. So they are just about centered directly over the display area.

Ikikimo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates or photos of your hybrid light? Looking at the same option, thanks!

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates or photos of your hybrid light? Looking at the same option, thanks!

Sorry, I sold this setup to upgrade to a bigger size. I am about to set it up this week. The hybrid light was great. I loved the color and growth. The only caveat is that I was not a big a fan of the mounting I had to do. I did not hang it from the ceiling, I had to use L brackets. This time around I am going with the Kessil AP700. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
dcuevas74

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi dcuevas, I have another question about the light. How is the coverage on the extreme left and right edges?

I thought it did a great job on the coverage for my dims. Believe this one is 30" if I am not mistaken. I paired it with 2 kessil a 160 blues. I was pretty happy with the overall setup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back