Dead Anthias

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped feeding meds since the water already has prazipro in it.. been fighting this for about 3 months now :(

For internal parasites you really need to food soak metro and/or prazi in order to eradicate them (in most cases.)

OP
OP
J

Jeromeit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For internal parasites you really need to food soak metro and/or prazi in order to eradicate them (in most cases.)

Yep I did that for the past few months. I soaked frozen and pellet food with Metro and focus for 3 weeks and general cure and focus for 3 weeks with a short break in between. Reason I’m not doing it now is one fish recently passed I thought it may have been caused by gill flukes so I added prazi in the water.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
? What type of bio media are you using and do you have the skimmers running while the meds are in the tank.

Could it be that the skimmer and the media is taking out the meds ?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I did that for the past few months. I soaked frozen and pellet food with Metro and focus for 3 weeks and general cure and focus for 3 weeks with a short break in between. Reason I’m not doing it now is one fish recently passed I thought it may have been caused by gill flukes so I added prazi in the water.

It would be experimental to try on a SW fish, but back when I used to breed Discus I always used fenbendazole to deworm them. Might be worth a shot; I don't think it can hurt anything.

OP
OP
J

Jeromeit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be experimental to try on a SW fish, but back when I used to breed Discus I always used fenbendazole to deworm them. Might be worth a shot; I don't think it can hurt anything.

Hmm might be worth a shot.. just have to figure out dosage etc

OP
OP
J

Jeromeit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that only the tip is white.. constipation?

416332d7be063f2ab338d39e8de54162.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you make out with your fish? I'm having a similar situation and would love to know what you're end results were. I gave up and added my fish (tailspot blenny) to the display, but he keeps getting the stringy poop on and off... now one of my bimacs has a white string hanging out but I have fed mysis for the past 4 days in a row.

Reefaddict1979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you make out with your fish? I'm having a similar situation and would love to know what you're end results were. I gave up and added my fish (tailspot blenny) to the display, but he keeps getting the stringy poop on and off... now one of my bimacs has a white string hanging out but I have fed mysis for the past 4 days in a row.

I took the anthias.
One died first day In my tank it was the male
Think my other 2 much bigger bi macs killed it.
Other lived for 5 months then found it on my carpet. The little one is still alive haven’t noticed any white strings

All I feed my fish is mysis shrimp and new life spectrum thera a

Back