Dead Fish HELP

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also, the Bangai Cardnial fish seems to be ok as well. My concern is are they not getting enough oxygen from the skimmer?
Water exchange and carbon never hurts. Great to hear of improvement.

OP
OP
M

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water exchange and carbon never hurts. Great to hear of improvement.
The rabbitfish is still acting weird, not sure what else I can do. I'm having issues keeping the water level stable in the sump. I have it plumbed straight from the bulk head to the sump, I used the flex hose that came with the sump but I think there's too much of a dip in it or something. But I can only run my Vectra S2 at 35% but I keep having to adjust it cause the water level keeps swinging back and forth.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The rabbitfish is still acting weird, not sure what else I can do. I'm having issues keeping the water level stable in the sump. I have it plumbed straight from the bulk head to the sump, I used the flex hose that came with the sump but I think there's too much of a dip in it or something. But I can only run my Vectra S2 at 35% but I keep having to adjust it cause the water level keeps swinging back and forth.
Sounds like the return pump is pumping water faster than its coming in.
you will have to lower flow or Increase pipe size coming down to keep up
On the Rabbit- There was a bit of trauma and it should recover. Often they play their game and are better than they look.

OP
OP
M

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the return pump is pumping water faster than its coming in.
you will have to lower flow or Increase pipe size coming down to keep up
On the Rabbit- There was a bit of trauma and it should recover. Often they play their game and are better than they look.
Well update, so I was looking around in there and I notice a dark spot on my filter sock. So I pulled it out and I found my pink sea cucumber chopped to bits inside. I belive this may have been the culprit. I just scrapped the entire filter sock to be on the safe side. I can get another tomorrow at the lfs. I also put my guards on the drains to prevent from happening again. Must have happened when the wife and I went out earlier. Not sure if that's the whole cause or not but I'm sure it didn't help.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well update, so I was looking around in there and I notice a dark spot on my filter sock. So I pulled it out and I found my pink sea cucumber chopped to bits inside. I belive this may have been the culprit. I just scrapped the entire filter sock to be on the safe side. I can get another tomorrow at the lfs. I also put my guards on the drains to prevent from happening again. Must have happened when the wife and I went out earlier. Not sure if that's the whole cause or not but I'm sure it didn't help.
Yes- They have toxins and likely the culprit. Retest ammonia tomorrow and you will see improvement- Thank goodness carbon was added

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back