Dead spots help

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 29 gallon thats 30 inches long and 19 inches tall 13 inches wide. I currently am running a 500 gph powerhead and have many deadspots causing dino to grow. If I add another 480 gph powerhead on the other side would it be too powerful for the fish or coral (duncans)? Thank you.

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dinos aren't really caused by low flow. they usually are a sign of an underlying issue, such as low nutrients. what are your nitrates and phosphates?

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dinos aren't really caused by low flow. they usually are a sign of an underlying issue, such as low nutrients. what are your nitrates and phosphates?
Nitrates are at 20 (trying to get it down) and my nitrates get lower each water change I ordered a phosphate test kit and I'll tell the results when it comes here and I did order a microscope to be able to ID which kind it is

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates are at 20 (trying to get it down) and my nitrates get lower each water change I ordered a phosphate test kit and I'll tell the results when it comes here and I did order a microscope to be able to Id it
ok. are you sure they are dinos and not cyano?

treatment for dinos can be tricky but i'm not experienced on that. i would look at other threads for more info.

additionally i think the powerheads should be fine,

OP
OP
COwCOw

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. are you sure they are dinos and not cyano?

treatment for dinos can be tricky but i'm not experienced on that. i would look at other threads for more info.

additionally i think the powerheads should be fine,
Im not really sure untill I ID it but from the looks of it Im pretty sure its dino. Also thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back