Dead Squareback Anthias

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i ordered 1 regal tang and 2 squareback anthias from LA got the regal tuesday and the anthias today acclimated them to my QT one was eating i thought i saw the other eat cant be sure went into the garage to check on them before i went to bed and one is dead she was laying on the bottom can anyone see anything obvious she seemed fine, thou she was hiding and breathing a little heavier then the other now that i think about it. Now im worried about the other anthias and regal tang the only thing i dosed was metro at about 1pm they are still swimming around thou maybe she just shipped poorly

20200124_223735.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's a valid concern of uronema. And the fish's mouth gaping open can also be found in fish that have succumbed to uronema.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's a valid concern of uronema. And the fish's mouth gaping open can also be found in fish that have succumbed to uronema.
I dosed my QT with metro yesterday I will continue the dosage schedule and keep an eye on the remaining one so far she's very active and eating well

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed my QT with metro yesterday I will continue the dosage schedule and keep an eye on the remaining one so far she's very active and eating well
Are you dosing the water and feeding metro? Uronema can be a tough parasite to completely rid from a fish as it can be both external, like velvet, Ich, and internal.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it wouldn't hurt also feed metro and bind it with focus I have It on hand thanks for the help I'll update if anything changes with the remaining fish

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way to tell unfortunately. Uronema is always a concern with anthias and chromis, but I do not see observable signs from the picture. Extended mouth structure is very common in dead anthias, I’d not personally read too much into that. They don’t ship well and are initially very skittish. I’ve literally had them scare themselves to death.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back