Dead yellow tang

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. :( Did you find the cause of his death? Sorry for your loss!
Thanks! I know it....no I am not a 100% sure, but I think a possible bacterial infection. The fins on both were torn. No aggression in my tank, but they would dart around a lot, wondering if they had gotten injured and developed a bacterial infection from that? Only thing I can think of. That's the frustrating part besides loosing them.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been 2 days since the yellow tang died no other fish has any problems they are all still eating and acting normally no visible signs of disease no hiding from the lights or swimming into powerheads

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure of the cause, but after living in Hawaii for 18 years and watching them thousands of times, I can say Yellow Tangs are voracious pigs. If there is light, they will be in the shallows feeding. Feed them, feed them, feed them.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been 2 days since the yellow tang died no other fish has any problems they are all still eating and acting normally no visible signs of disease no hiding from the lights or swimming into powerheads
Im so sorry for your loss @Qasimja .

Your other fish doing well right now is good news. I will be wishing you good luck and a healthy tank!

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well its been 2 months since the yellow tang died no other fish have died or showed any signs of disease maybe it had an internal parasite? now im afraid to add another yellow tang because he and the sailfin tang got along well i dont want to add another yellow tang and mess up the harmony in my tank lol

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well its been 2 months since the yellow tang died no other fish have died or showed any signs of disease maybe it had an internal parasite? now im afraid to add another yellow tang because he and the sailfin tang got along well i dont want to add another yellow tang and mess up the harmony in my tank lol
That’s good news that everything else is doing well for past 2 months!
I understand the concern of upsetting the balance in your system, but I am no tang expert.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back