Deal on Caribsea Life Rock And Caribsea Sand

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this should go here, but thought I would share for others looking for a deal.

Petsmart has 20LB boxes of liferock for $57.99 plus free shipping if you have their rewards program. Best deal I was able to find.

They also have sand for 40lbs of Caribsea sand for $20 with free shipping.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Both good deals which I saw recently
The free ship alone makes it worth it

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this, and perfect timing! I was just going to place an order at Tractor Supply Co. for the same gravel at 2x the price.

lpeterson0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently it's only free shipping if you spend more than $49, but this still seems like a good deal even with $4.95 for shipping. I'm picking up 2 bags of sand for a tank I might buy some day :D

lpeterson0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue how Petsmart actually made any money on this. Both bags of sand have shipped to me via FedEx. I am sure they get a better rate on shipping than I do, but I entered the same Origin and Destination addresses on FedEx.com, along with the box size and weight, and it quoted me around $40 each for Ground shipping. And they're selling these for $20 each.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue how Petsmart actually made any money on this. Both bags of sand have shipped to me via FedEx. I am sure they get a better rate on shipping than I do, but I entered the same Origin and Destination addresses on FedEx.com, along with the box size and weight, and it quoted me around $40 each for Ground shipping. And they're selling these for $20 each.
I wondered the same thing, it may just be year end clearance for tax purposes. They could be migrating away from these items entirely, they would take up a lot of distribution real estate space. Either way, glad we both scored a heck of a deal lol! I already got my 80 lbs of sand and my rock will deliver tomorrow.

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast shipping! Not so fragile shipping. 5 of the 6 boxes had been crushed. the 6th bag had been relabeled and shipped without the box. The bags of gravel arrived intact. The boxes they shipped in, not so much!

cajun1337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast shipping! Not so fragile shipping. 5 of the 6 boxes had been crushed. the 6th bag had been relabeled and shipped without the box. The bags of gravel arrived intact. The boxes they shipped in, not so much!
Haha same here. Sand was delivered today with the boxes absolutely annihilated but not a single grain was spilled.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're lucky that PetSmart sells saltwater stuff. They don't in Canada except maybe the API saltwater test kits and I think beneficial bacteria. I wouldn't want them doing livestock but wouldn't mind things like food, dry goods like sand/rock and hardware like lights.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my rocks today. 2 rocks that is. I ordered 2 20lb boxes and got 2 rocks. They don't have anymore in stock and customer service told me to return it to the closest store. Booooo!
rocks.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back