Deal on Caribsea Life Rock And Caribsea Sand

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was hoping I got luckier than others. Ordered 20 pounds. Box came with one rock weighing in at 5lbs. So ticked. They actually said it’s weighs 25 pounds on shipping label. BS

Attachments

• 4BB157CA-9605-4FC7-8457-DE5F9BFEAE4D.jpeg
    4BB157CA-9605-4FC7-8457-DE5F9BFEAE4D.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 9ECF5F2F-B4D2-4B22-90E9-D038C1FB9FFD.jpeg
    9ECF5F2F-B4D2-4B22-90E9-D038C1FB9FFD.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 81
  • D3D51007-E3AC-4216-B283-1BF0E9F294BE.jpeg
    D3D51007-E3AC-4216-B283-1BF0E9F294BE.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 69

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get a different response from customer service. They offered to refund my money or re-ship. I told them, I mean I would really like the rock, so if they can re-ship the correct amount, I would prefer to go that way. I don't really have high hopes that this will end with a positive result, seeing as I am not the first person it happened to and I am being told something different than others. We shall see.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with CS, even though it shows available on the website they say it’s currently unavailable for shipment at their DC. They offered me a refund and a $20 E gift card for the hassle so I opted for that route. Returning to my local store here in a few days, positive Covid test just hit our house.
This was my first experience with Life Rock, while I like the color it certainly seems like dense concrete more than the BRS Reef Saver rock I used in the past. The branch I received feels like solid concrete. Thinking I may just go the Marco rock route instead.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with CS, even though it shows available on the website they say it’s currently unavailable for shipment at their DC. They offered me a refund and a $20 E gift card for the hassle so I opted for that route. Returning to my local store here in a few days, positive Covid test just hit our house.
This was my first experience with Life Rock, while I like the color it certainly seems like dense concrete more than the BRS Reef Saver rock I used in the past. The branch I received feels like solid concrete. Thinking I may just go the Marco rock route instead.
Interesting to me that you got a totally different customer service experience though. Guess I should have opted for the refund. They told me to wait two business days for a reply, so I guess I’ll wait.
Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're lucky that PetSmart sells saltwater stuff. They don't in Canada except maybe the API saltwater test kits and I think beneficial bacteria. I wouldn't want them doing livestock but wouldn't mind things like food, dry goods like sand/rock and hardware like lights.
Oh but wait! ....this is our Canadian site, but check out the price for 10 lbs! Even this is a decent deal sadly compared to what I paid at LFS per pound...:(
Screenshot_20220114-133157_Chrome Beta.jpg

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting to me that you got a totally different customer service experience though. Guess I should have opted for the refund. They told me to wait two business days for a reply, so I guess I’ll wait.
Cabin Fever Reaction GIF
It is very strange, I got put on hold like three times while they checked inventory levels and to see if an individual SKU existed, instead of a bundle pack, that could have been grabbed in error. She can back and offered the gift card since I could not reorder. I received it in my inbox within 5 minutes of getting off the phone. Hopefully they can get you squared away, it’s a killer deal if they can make it right.

Ben Pedersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this should go here, but thought I would share for others looking for a deal.

Petsmart has 20LB boxes of liferock for $57.99 plus free shipping if you have their rewards program. Best deal I was able to find.

They also have sand for 40lbs of Caribsea sand for $20 with free shipping.
Sand is an amazing deal!

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand is an amazing deal!
The sand was is a killer deal and seems like the people that ordered it, got what they wanted. So there is some silver lining in the post. Sadly, I had already ordered and used sand from somewhere else like a week before, paying double.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very strange, I got put on hold like three times while they checked inventory levels and to see if an individual SKU existed, instead of a bundle pack, that could have been grabbed in error. She can back and offered the gift card since I could not reorder. I received it in my inbox within 5 minutes of getting off the phone. Hopefully they can get you squared away, it’s a killer deal if they can make it right.
They did offer me store credit but who knows what will happen if i order it again. Probably get the same 2 rocks.;Bored

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh but wait! ....this is our Canadian site, but check out the price for 10 lbs! Even this is a decent deal sadly compared to what I paid at LFS per pound...:(
Screenshot_20220114-133157_Chrome Beta.jpg
When did they start selling this? They even have IO salt and live sand!! This is way cheaper than what I paid at my LFS (at least for the rock and sand). Obviously it's online only because I have never seen this in store... but who cares! Haha. I think they still give free shipping as well. Whoop, whoop!! I'm glad I posted in this thread because I never would known they had this. I know what my next order is going to be. :)

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did they start selling this? They even have IO salt and live sand!! This is way cheaper than what I paid at my LFS (at least for the rock and sand). Obviously it's online only because I have never seen this in store... but who cares! Haha. I think they still give free shipping as well. Whoop, whoop!! I'm glad I posted in this thread because I never would known they had this. I know what my next order is going to be. :)
Sand arrived in great shape, rocks not so much for anyone.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand arrived in great shape, rocks not so much for anyone.
That's a disappointment. Having said that I do need rubble. :) If it came broken already I won't be so heart broken about smashing up good rock. :)

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need another 10 lbs at least for this taller tank. So will likely order it online as well, gradually add it. If I bought 10 lbs at Al's it would be 100 plus taxes. I may as well by true live at that price and take my chances on pests....

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice ordered 100 lbs of sand ,all varieties are on sale but I did get 2 big bags and one 20lb . Had a petsmart treats coupon in my email for $10 off of 35. Used $28 in credit card points (lol) so 100 pounds of sand for $20 something. I'll take it !!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need another 10 lbs at least for this taller tank. So will likely order it online as well, gradually add it. If I bought 10 lbs at Al's it would be 100 plus taxes. I may as well by true live at that price and take my chances on pests....
Exactly!!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not that it came broken.. it’s that they are only sending 1/4 of the weight you pay for.
What?! I guess I'm going to have to pull out my scale when I order mine. That's craziness. I will report back as to whether PetSmart Canada know how to use a scale. ;-)

CanuckReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not that it came broken.. it’s that they are only sending 1/4 of the weight you pay for.
That is unacceptable.... throw it out there on a deal, and then the pull back in rather grandiose form. Ya I'd be ticked, because not only were you not delivered as expected, but also, they are wasting your time.....would be livid.

Back