Deal on Caribsea Life Rock And Caribsea Sand

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is unacceptable.... throw it out there on a deal, and then the pull back in rather grandiose form. Ya I'd be ticked, because not only were you not delivered as expected, but also, they are wasting your time.....would be livid.
Totally agree. Everyone should get money back relative to the amount of rock they didn't receive. You'd think this would fall under misleading/deceptive advertising.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree. Everyone should get money back relative to the amount of rock they didn't receive. You'd think this would fall under misleading/deceptive advertising.
What does this entire episode say? I / we all want to save money, and find a great deal, some are just too good to be true at times, but does the weak response I see here from big box retailer actually affect them? Likely not, they'll keep going on same path and essentially barf up another deal down the road. They don't care, it's all volume, and now they are even attempting loss leaders online yet failing en masse. That is quite something.... Would any who purchased, were railroaded, go back to this retailer again is what I am really curious about....the runaround, and wasted time says no way to my eyes. I would personally just pay the extra to avoid the total headache...nobody has time to chase down a major retailer over and over. At least I sure don't anyway....

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does this entire episode say? I / we all want to save money, and find a great deal, some are just too good to be true at times, but does the weak response I see here from big box retailer actually affect them? Likely not, they'll keep going on same path and essentially barf up another deal down the road. They don't care, it's all volume, and now they are even attempting loss leaders online yet failing en masse. That is quite something.... Would any who purchased, were railroaded, go back to this retailer again is what I am really curious about....the runaround, and wasted time says no way to my eyes. I would personally just pay the extra to avoid the total headache...nobody has time to chase down a major retailer over and over. At least I sure don't anyway....
I find it so weird PetSmart is even pulling a stunt like this. If they don't want to cough up the money for shipping heavy items like this then they should just charge for overweight items like everyone else does. I always thought they actually care about their reputation.

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're lucky that PetSmart sells saltwater stuff. They don't in Canada except maybe the API saltwater test kits and I think beneficial bacteria. I wouldn't want them doing livestock but wouldn't mind things like food, dry goods like sand/rock and hardware like lights.

Lol my petsmart doesn't know what saltwater is. I had to run buy a cheap heater the other day bc my backup broke and the girl at check out asked me sooooo many questions about saltwater. It was cute but I could tell she was asking me the questions that people asked her and she didn't know how to answer. So I guess I saved someone down the road. But some petsmart sell saltwater in the US.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol my petsmart doesn't know what saltwater is. I had to run buy a cheap heater the other day bc my backup broke and the girl at check out asked me sooooo many questions about saltwater. It was cute but I could tell she was asking me the questions that people asked her and she didn't know how to answer. So I guess I saved someone down the road. But some petsmart sell saltwater in the US.
Now that is funny but good for her for asking so she can "hopefully" help someone down the road. :)

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that is funny but good for her for asking so she can "hopefully" help someone down the road. :)
I think probably Florida California and maybe new York ones sell saltwater bit middle of nowhere america thats a hard no...... I've sent like 40-50 ppl from our petsmart to our local fish store. The LFS should really give me better discounts for the money I've sent them.

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a sale on the sand and rock at the same time last year. I bought it up when I was planning to start up my 120 gal. I ended up with 120 pounds of sand and 90 pounds of rock.

Screenshot from last year with the prices last February.
Screenshot_20220114-221945.png

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tiny hole (l smaller than a dime) in one of my two bags. Taped it up for storage. Rock delivers tomorrow, we shall see what it looks like.
I had one of my bags pop. Called customer service upon delivery, they sent me another and I got to keep the busted one.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it so weird PetSmart is even pulling a stunt like this. If they don't want to cough up the money for shipping heavy items like this then they should just charge for overweight items like everyone else does. I always thought they actually care about their reputation.
That’s the weird thing, they paid for the shipping! My shipping label was for 49 lbs.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the weird thing, they paid for the shipping! My shipping label was for 49 lbs.
Wow, someone needs to be investigating. Looks like a little bit of fleecing is going on! Either that or someone's scale needs calibrating. Jeepers!

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think probably Florida California and maybe new York ones sell saltwater bit middle of nowhere america thats a hard no...... I've sent like 40-50 ppl from our petsmart to our local fish store. The LFS should really give me better discounts for the money I've sent them.
California no saltwater stock. At least here in the LA area. They do sell salt, as it's where I buy my rc when Amazon wants to get expensive for the 44lb bucket.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Still hadn’t received any further notifications as of this morning. I called and they said my reorder was waiting to ship but the item is out of stock. I can either choose refund or wait for the item to restock, which they don’t know when that will be. I’m not in a super big hurry, so I figured I’d give it a little more time and see how it plays out. We shall see!!! :cool:

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Still hadn’t received any further notifications as of this morning. I called and they said my reorder was waiting to ship but the item is out of stock. I can either choose refund or wait for the item to restock, which they don’t know when that will be. I’m not in a super big hurry, so I figured I’d give it a little more time and see how it plays out. We shall see!!! :cool:
Hoping it works out! If it does you got a great deal.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying two of the 10lb box Caribsea with the 20% off coupon from the email. Looks like it’s a one time use, does anyone has another one that don’t need it?

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a different note, Caribsea sand is good but is super dirty and requires a lot of rinsing. Also, their rocks are like big lumps. Super heavy and lacks any character.
I love tropic Eden sand and rock. Too bad often they are not in stock. I stock up when I find them. I recently purchased their Tonga branches and I am in love with them.

sam

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a different note, Caribsea sand is good but is super dirty and requires a lot of rinsing. Also, their rocks are like big lumps. Super heavy and lacks any character.
I love tropic Eden sand and rock. Too bad often they are not in stock. I stock up when I find them. I recently purchased their Tonga branches and I am in love with them.

sam
I found the look of tropic Eden more “fake” look. But I have heard the sand is better but more expensive

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back