Dear friends of Reef2Reef please read about our friend Flipper4pups

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends of Reef2Reef, another one of our colleagues and Reef Squad members is in need of our help!

You may know him as "Flippers4Pups", or Don Henderson. A few days ago, Don contracted the flu and was having issues with breathing. Don’s wife took him to the hospital, and there, in addition to the flu, Don was diagnosed with heart failure. His heart was only working at 20%! Don and the family do not know if he will improve; Don now must wear a defibrillator vest to help with his heart for the next three months. Don will most likely have to have a heart defibrillator surgically installed - and if that does not work, a heart transplant.

This is not the only medical issue Don and his family have on their plate.

Don’s stepdaughter has long term health conditions also, and before this all happened, had been diagnosed with lupus along with other issues, and has had three open heart surgeries and seven stints of her own. She's got two small children, so Don and his wife had decided that they would circle their wagons, bringing the family together under one roof to help. Don’s wife quit her full-time job, in order to take care of everyone. She did continue to work in a part time capacity, but with Don out of commission, that will not be enough to make ends meet.

For this reason, the family has set up a Go Fund Me account, and are asking for help. Please reach out with your prayers, and we hope you can find it in your hearts to help Don and his family with a donation in their time of need.

Thank you,
Team R2R
#reefsquad

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( I hope he gets better. I have a family member dealing with the same issue. Hearts only working at 10% capacity. Thoughts and prayers going out for him and his entire family!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( I hope he gets better. I have a family member dealing with the same issue. Hearts only working at 10% capacity. Thoughts and prayers going out for him and his entire family!

That is not good, thoughts and prayers back at you.:)

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Stephanie, Don's wife. I want to thank all of you for the support and prayers. Much needed. This is and has been some of the most trying times in our lives.

Don is home and is resting. He has follow up visits coming up soon with his cardiac team and all of us in the family are praying and pulling for him. He has been such a rock for all of us through all we have been through. He is a strong willed individual and will never give up.

Once again, thank all of you for your prayers and support. I'll post here from time to time on how he's doing.

Thank you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back