Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. It has touched me deeply and I will never forget what you've done for me and my family. I am deeply humbled.

For those not in the know, a recent doctor visit disclosed that my condition hadn't improved much and it was time to get me some back up. That came with surgery for a ICD. Implanted defibrillator/pacemaker.

Side note: the surgery required me to be lightly sedated. I woke up half way through the procedure and couldn't get anymore anesthesia because of heart rhythm and pressure. It wasn't much fun going through that and as you could imagine, it hurt something terrible. Didn't have any choice but to suck it up and endure the pain.

After a night stay to monitor me, I'm home. I have pain meds and I'm sleeping off and on. Taking a shower isn't easy.

I'm home now for several months off work and can't drive a car for weeks. I can't raise my left arm above my collar bone or lift anything heavy for two to three weeks. If I get hit in the chest, I have to go to the ER immediately, so no ruff housing with Milo our Boxer pup! Lol

It's a life changer for sure.

I wanted to tell you, because your my family too. I love reefing and so do you. That's why we're here, to enjoy the hobby we love.

I'm a going to continue to reef? As long as God will let me. He knows how much joy it brings me.

Participation on reef2reef? Same as above, without question.

Once again, thank you community/family for your support and more importantly, your prayers! And huge thank you to my wife, Stephanie. She's my rock now. I love her with all that I am.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Praying for him and his family.

My grandfather went through something similar a few months back and had 20% heart functionality and the doctors said that he would remain there for the remainder of his life. 6 months later and he is back to 100% and back to filling the wood burner and mowing the lawn on his tractor. Always keep faith. :)

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the best to him and his family in this terrible time they have to go threw.
I hope him and his daughter are well and that they recover from this.
I will keep them in my prayers and help as much as possible

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad to hear your are at home and best of luck with the rest of post-op!

Its always changes life perspective when one is confronted with the "uglies" of life.

Sounds like you got yourself a nice in-sump upgrade setup now with a dosing schedule!! Hopefully all your parameters will stabilize and you can continue on like you always have!

:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back