Dear friends of Reef2Reef please read about our friend Flipper4pups

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. It has touched me deeply and I will never forget what you've done for me and my family. I am deeply humbled.

For those not in the know, a recent doctor visit disclosed that my condition hadn't improved much and it was time to get me some back up. That came with surgery for a ICD. Implanted defibrillator/pacemaker.

Side note: the surgery required me to be lightly sedated. I woke up half way through the procedure and couldn't get anymore anesthesia because of heart rhythm and pressure. It wasn't much fun going through that and as you could imagine, it hurt something terrible. Didn't have any choice but to suck it up and endure the pain.

After a night stay to monitor me, I'm home. I have pain meds and I'm sleeping off and on. Taking a shower isn't easy.

I'm home now for several months off work and can't drive a car for weeks. I can't raise my left arm above my collar bone or lift anything heavy for two to three weeks. If I get hit in the chest, I have to go to the ER immediately, so no ruff housing with Milo our Boxer pup! Lol

It's a life changer for sure.

I wanted to tell you, because your my family too. I love reefing and so do you. That's why we're here, to enjoy the hobby we love.

I'm a going to continue to reef? As long as God will let me. He knows how much joy it brings me.

Participation on reef2reef? Same as above, without question.

Once again, thank you community/family for your support and more importantly, your prayers! And huge thank you to my wife, Stephanie. She's my rock now. I love her with all that I am.
Haven't seen any updates, how are you doing?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen any updates, how are you doing?

Overall okay. I still have a reoccurring pain on the underside of my left arm, at times it's unbearable. Saw my primary doc this morning about it. They ruled out any joint or neck issues. They are to talk with my cardiologist surgeon this morning about options. Waiting to hear back from them.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending you lots positive thoughts Don, as it’s been said so many members have you in their thought and prayers. Thank you for keeping us updated:)

I will do my best to keep you guys in the loop!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most important thing Don, is you take care of you first;)

Jeffery, I'm doing the best I can do on that front. I've been resting a great deal and doing a little here and there to keep active. I get on here when I can to flex the mind. It's good therapy for me, keeps the wheels turning! lol

I truly do appreciate everyone's concern for me and my family. It means the world to me!

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So sorry to hear this, it’s really sad and I’m greatful this was caught sooner than later. As most know I’m not a technical person, but willing to help. Are there things you need, that people can help with as well. ( sadly never really heard of go find me but will look into it and help). Daily prayers and thought to the whole family. I know all of this is very very difficult, but for Stephanie’s sake, she also needs to make sure she is okay as well. Feel free to talk (with what ever bothers you and okay with of course).

Sincerely
Sarah

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So sorry to hear this, it’s really sad and I’m greatful this was caught sooner than later. As most know I’m not a technical person, but willing to help. Are there things you need, that people can help with as well. ( sadly never really heard of go find me but will look into it and help). Daily prayers and thought to the whole family. I know all of this is very very difficult, but for Stephanie’s sake, she also needs to make sure she is okay as well. Feel free to talk (with what ever bothers you and okay with of course).

Sincerely
Sarah

Thank you Sarah for the kind words. I continue to support Stephanie as much as I can. She has carried a huge amount on her shoulders over the years and try as I may to be her rock.

I love her with all I am.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear friends of Reef2Reef, another one of our colleagues and Reef Squad members is in need of our help!

You may know him as "Flippers4Pups", or Don Henderson. A few days ago, Don contracted the flu and was having issues with breathing. Don’s wife took him to the hospital, and there, in addition to the flu, Don was diagnosed with heart failure. His heart was only working at 20%! Don and the family do not know if he will improve; Don now must wear a defibrillator vest to help with his heart for the next three months. Don will most likely have to have a heart defibrillator surgically installed - and if that does not work, a heart transplant.

This is not the only medical issue Don and his family have on their plate.

Don’s stepdaughter has long term health conditions also, and before this all happened, had been diagnosed with lupus along with other issues, and has had three open heart surgeries and seven stints of her own. She's got two small children, so Don and his wife had decided that they would circle their wagons, bringing the family together under one roof to help. Don’s wife quit her full-time job, in order to take care of everyone. She did continue to work in a part time capacity, but with Don out of commission, that will not be enough to make ends meet.

For this reason, the family has set up a Go Fund Me account, and are asking for help. Please reach out with your prayers, and we hope you can find it in your hearts to help Don and his family with a donation in their time of need.

Thank you,
Team R2R
#reefsquad
Hope you get better
My father was the same. The go fund, I had issues. Hope it went thru

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. It has touched me deeply and I will never forget what you've done for me and my family. I am deeply humbled.

For those not in the know, a recent doctor visit disclosed that my condition hadn't improved much and it was time to get me some back up. That came with surgery for a ICD. Implanted defibrillator/pacemaker.

Side note: the surgery required me to be lightly sedated. I woke up half way through the procedure and couldn't get anymore anesthesia because of heart rhythm and pressure. It wasn't much fun going through that and as you could imagine, it hurt something terrible. Didn't have any choice but to suck it up and endure the pain.

After a night stay to monitor me, I'm home. I have pain meds and I'm sleeping off and on. Taking a shower isn't easy.

I'm home now for several months off work and can't drive a car for weeks. I can't raise my left arm above my collar bone or lift anything heavy for two to three weeks. If I get hit in the chest, I have to go to the ER immediately, so no ruff housing with Milo our Boxer pup! Lol

It's a life changer for sure.

I wanted to tell you, because your my family too. I love reefing and so do you. That's why we're here, to enjoy the hobby we love.

I'm a going to continue to reef? As long as God will let me. He knows how much joy it brings me.

Participation on reef2reef? Same as above, without question.

Once again, thank you community/family for your support and more importantly, your prayers! And huge thank you to my wife, Stephanie. She's my rock now. I love her with all that I am.

Sorry for your troubles Don.Thinking of you and your family.Stay strong and show us all how staying strong is done.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize you were having problems till this thread popped up, man, I don't know what to say, you were one of the few who actually looked at my build thread and for that reason alone you will always have a place in my heart, hope you are doing better.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers for you're speedy recovery Don. God must have big plans for you. Stay strong.

Thank all of you for the kind words. I'm fighting.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your pain diminishes!

Better Half has similar heart issues. Not fun.

Hope you improve soon.

Lol, And thank you for listening to your doctor and taking your meds properly!
This it has helped Better Half immensely.
[emoji4]
I have always been grateful this was never an issue!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your pain diminishes!

Better Half has similar heart issues. Not fun.

Hope you improve soon.

Lol, And thank you for listening to your doctor and taking your meds properly!
This it has helped Better Half immensely.
[emoji4]
I have always been grateful this was never an issue!

Thank you for the kind words.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back