Discussion in 'Battlecorals' started by Battlecorals, Jun 21, 2017.

DEATH OF A REEF TANK...

Sometimes it's really all about the silver linings. I mean, I'm not the worlds most emboldened optimist - trust me, but in the wake of a...
  1. bugiguy

bugiguy Member

Great read, thanks for your insight!

I’ve gotta ask, cuz I’m going through a flatworm problem at the moment myself, what happened with your 07 tank crash?

2. Battlecorals

Battlecorals Aquaculturist R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Great question and thanks for the post. The situation sucked, but the timing was good because i was moving the tank that year. I just took it down and started over completely. Been pretty hardcore about pests ever since. This was the tank back then. Still miss that thing . lol I was able to salvage a handful from it fortunately and got a few back from friends as well after rte move.

3. scardall

scardall Valuable Member R2R Supporter

What about lights, a protein skimmer or for some a return pump? Stray voltage too? Am nervous now.

4. bugiguy

bugiguy Member

Was your flatworm infestation a direct result to your tank crash?

5. Battlecorals

Battlecorals Aquaculturist R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Not really actually It was a super crazy busy year. In a 12 month time span, I got married, had a baby, bought a house, and completely gutted and remodeled it. Needless to say, toward the end of that year the tank had been pretty neglected unfortunately, but the opportunity to start over was the best option I had by far to rid myself of flatworms for good so That was the course i chose to go. Sucked at the time, but it was a good lesson to learn early on, before i had anything serious going on for sure.

6. Salty Lemon

Salty Lemon Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor AZ FRAG Member Hospitality Award

I loved this article... I needed this article. Thank you! ;Woot

7. Billldg

Billldg Going off the reef end R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Your 1st crash may be a right of passage, but it still SUCKS!!! Currently watching my money roll out the window into a trash can. Their is a silver lining, though I would rather have had a cheaper way to get there. I wanted to go sps, now I have that chance. Its just going to take a while longer as I am in the process of doing a partial teardown and reboot. I just hope that 8 Fancies Collectibles is available in mid 19', because that sps pack is awesome!!!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  8. slewrock1

slewrock1 Active Member R2R Supporter

This is truly tasteless and insensitive. Why not call it, "The Sandy Hook Elementary School Collection"? Probably because you'd be banned from this forum immediately.

Draft saved Draft deleted