December 12 - Speaker Event/Potluck (SF Bay Area)

Zoaddicted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cG30fEs.png

So in December Rich Ross, Senior Aquatic Biologist at the Steinhart Aquarium will be coming to us to give a talk! I've heard time and time again he is a prolific and entertaining speaker. We will be having a potluck right before the talk so bring your most exquisite dishes.

Every year tons of other clubs and marine societies pay Rich Ross to fly around the country to speak about his research and adventures. We're so lucky to have him right here in the Bay Area!

You are invited to come! Bring something.....food....drinks...plates.....appetite.....humor.....good vibrations, etc!

222527_358755317547273_1699593298_n-l-jpg.3974

Rich Ross moving a giant clam at the Steinhart Aquarium.
Who Is Rich Ross:
  • Richard Ross is a Senior Biologist at the Steinhart Aquarium in the California Academy of Sciences where he cultures and cares for exotic cephalopods, fish & coral, participates in ongoing field work on coral spawning, animal collection & transport, and manages tropical saltwater displays including the 212,000 gallon Philippine Coral Reef exhibit.
  • He is a prolific writer and speaker, authoring academic papers and a catalogue of articles on aquarium and reef related educational topics including his Skeptical Reefkeeping series which focuses on critical thinking, responsibility and ethics of aquarium keeping.
  • Richard was presented with the MASNA Aquarist of the Year award in 2015, and his work has been covered by mainstream media outlets including Scientific American, National Geographic, Penn¹s Sunday School and Fox News. Richard has kept saltwater animals for over 25 years, and has worked in aquarium maintenance, retail, wholesale and has consulted for a coral farm/fish collecting station in the South Pacific.
  • He was also a past president of BAR.
  • Has spoken at almost all MACNA events around the country.

Talk Topic(s)
  • The Secret of Reefkeeping

Date: December 12, 2015 (Saturday)
Time:

• 11:30am -12:00pm | Food Preparation/Layout
  • 12:00pm | Lunch Time!
  • 12:00pm - 2:00pmish | Rich Ross Talk and Live Q & A

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back