OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This magnifica anemone at my work is awesome, but I want to wait a bit longer before I get an anemone to make sure everything is stable. The only parameter I'm having an issue with is still phosphates so I might try another method to keep it low AND stable, or I might finally set up my doser to dose the phosphate-e more continuously. Does anyone know if it can be diluted with RODI?
20190316_122423.jpg

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This magnifica anemone at my work is awesome, but I want to wait a bit longer before I get an anemone to make sure everything is stable. The only parameter I'm having an issue with is still phosphates so I might try another method to keep it low AND stable, or I might finally set up my doser to dose the phosphate-e more continuously. Does anyone know if it can be diluted with RODI?
20190316_122423.jpg
That is a beautiful anemone! Tank is looking great too! Just caught up on your thread and I’m sorry to read about your problems with isopods. Not familiar with phosphate-e so I won’t comment on that, but good luck with everything!

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate 0.54
Nitrate 1
Alk 9.5
Mag 1320
Cal 410

Added half a pound of phoslock in a media bag in the sump.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I made the mistake of spot feeding my corals with polyp booster. I had been using it for a few days previously by broadcast feeding with okay results. I figured I might get a better feeding response if I target fed. Big mistake. I guess it is too concentrated, because it burned the tissue of my corals within minutes. My plate, favia, and chalice all have patches of dead tissue now.
20190325_011020.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back