• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Deltec 2060SC Skimmer, used for 6 months $475

Michael Benz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've breaking down my tank and I'm selling my lightly used Deltec skimmer. For a small internal skimmer this thing is a beast, it was my first Deltec and I was not disappointed. Sell for $475 shipped.
Thanks, Mike

MANUFACTURER SKIMMER DESCRIPTION AND DATA

The next generation of Deltec skimmers has hit the market and this time Deltec developed their own pump and spent months getting the right amount of air draw for the lowest possible power consumption.

This has allowed Deltec to set new standards in efficiency and to illustrate the difference they have introduced a new terminology, E-T-A Ratio (energy to air ratio), to allow comparison of Deltec products against others.

The new Deltec skimmer pumps have an E-T-A Ratio of around 60 to 1 which means for every watt of power consumed by the pump, roughly 60 lts of air will be drawn into the skimmer. Compare this with the current Deltec modified Eheim pumps, (already renowned for their performance), which only produce around 16 lts of air per watt and you will understand why the next generation of Deltec skimmers are truly a work of engineering genious.

The SC name describes the special Single Chamber design of the bubble chamber which is patented and has the benefit of pressurising the pumps for higher performance and ensures that only unskimmed water passes through he pump rather than reskimming and reprocessing water in the chamber.

The new bubble plate design allows the height of the skimmers to be reduced compared with the current range to allow them to fit in a greater number of installations and cabinets. The primary use of the bubble chamber is to prevent turbulence from the skimmer body and neck as turbulence can pull waste loaded bubbles back into the water column causing a reduction in efficiency. The air to water ratio is so high that there is almost immediate reaction with the waste therefore there is no requirement for the tall reaction chambers found on some low air skimmers thus keeping the units compact.

Features and Specifications

Footprint: 8.6" x 8.6"
Footprint with pipework: 11" x 8.6"
Height requirement: 23.62" -includes 3/4" for cup removal
Water level requirement: 7" - 10"
Outlet diameter: 1.9"
Neck diameter: 4.3"
Total air produced: 1100-1200 lts/hour
Power consumption: 25-28 watts
Tank Suitability: 370 - 450 gallons based on bioload/stocking level
Remote drain fitting on skimmer cup
Air silencer
Micro adjustable skimmer setting
No feed pump required, skimmer draws water directly from the sump
IMG_1409.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.7%
Back