!!!DELTEC 400i NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so this is now out on the market. What are peoples opinion of it? I am looking to buy one which is 2nd hand but extremely little use. Would it be ok for a 20 gallon tank? I know its rated for 40-100 something like that but would it work ok on a 20 galloner? Reason I would buy it is my current skimmer is dying a slow death so I need a replacement anyway but I am also looking to buy a bigger tank in the region of 50 gal so it would eventually move there. So how's it going for anyone who jumped in with it

sittnon18s

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my redsea reefer 170 and I really like it. Nothing with a motor is completely silent but this skimmer is as close to silent as it gets. Starting to pull some nice dark skimmate out. Hands down the best skimmer I've owned!!

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adam,

I know your busy but any chance we can get an update on the neck cleaner situation? Im thinking about upgrading my skimmer and really like that feature...

Thanks!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam,

I know your busy but any chance we can get an update on the neck cleaner situation? Im thinking about upgrading my skimmer and really like that feature...

Thanks!

Shoot yeah I definitely left you guys hanging on this one. I believe there is a wiper for the 400 available now, but in all honestly on these smaller guys, It's really almost easier to simply pop the cup and clean it. the wiper kind of gets in the way and is actually a pain in the but itself to clean lol. In my opinion.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shoot yeah I definitely left you guys hanging on this one. I believe there is a wiper for the 400 available now, but in all honestly on these smaller guys, It's really almost easier to simply pop the cup and clean it. the wiper kind of gets in the way and is actually a pain in the but itself to clean lol. In my opinion.

Haha i think your underestimating the level of my laziness! How much is shipping?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Haha i think your underestimating the level of my laziness! How much is shipping?

Ha fair enough. Shipping on these is free but te snag now is that they are selling the wipers as an "add on" so they charge a little more the wiper, unfortunately.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha fair enough. Shipping on these is free but te snag now is that they are selling the wipers as an "add on" so they charge a little more the wiper, unfortunately.
Got one last question for you! Your website states the length of the footprint is 10 inches. On Deltec website it states 20.5 cm which equals 8.07 inches as the length. Im assuming the Deltec website is correct, right?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got one last question for you! Your website states the length of the footprint is 10 inches. On Deltec website it states 20.5 cm which equals 8.07 inches as the length. Im assuming the Deltec website is correct, right?

Yeah i think i just rounded up to be safe as i hadn't had one in my possession yet

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back