!!!DELTEC AC SKIMMERS ON SALE NOW ONLY AT BATTLECORALS!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I do love the DC line. I really do. I mean I was a little slow to come around but I'm there now. Amazing Skimmers without a doubt, and the sale on those guys last month was incredible.

There's a ton of new Deltec owners out there now and the good word is spreading fast.

But, I LOVE and I do mean LOVE the AC's. Always have.

Call me old fashioned but I still prefer the AC models over the DC. Just no muss or fuss. Plug it in and that's it, literally. Employing Deltec designed German pumps, the AC's are extremely tough to beat in performance, efficiency, silence and reliability.

I'm thinking, no better time than now to make these guys affordable as ever. Knocking the price down on two of the most popular Deltec Skimmers!

From the original developers of the needle wheel nearly 25 years ago!

The SCA351 rated for 80-130 us gallons

and the SC1455 rated for 200-260 us gallons pictured below

And, if you've got a Deltec you'd like show off, Please feel free to post any pics you'd like. Would love to see yours in action!

deltecsc1455display_zpszcby9o0f.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a new skimmer shipment comming soon! Going to run the AC sale a bit longer yet:) Nows the chance to get a Deltec at the heart of your system!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now would be a great time, if you're looking for a new skimmer . . .

Adam would be an awesome person to buy said new skimmer from . . .

Just sayin' . . . (~_^)

~Bruce

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I have a baby mce400 hob from Adam, works great.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked up a Deltec from Adam a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. Thanks Adam!

Outstanding! I do rather enjoy converting BK users;) thanks, a ton for the post!

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,
I purchased the 1351 DC version from you a few months back. I finally finish my cabinet build and fired up the system. I'm starting the pursuit of the perfect skimmer setting. :)

What is your recommendation for water height in the sump, setting on the DC controller and water height inside the skimmer? If there is already a Deltec skimmer setup thread feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Brad

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I have a baby mce400 hob from Adam, works great.

I got the mce600 from Adam and it is working great. My only complaint is the power cord is too short. Also wish there was a supplied way to mark the skimmer cup height. Not a big deal, a rubber band works.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam,
I purchased the 1351 DC version from you a few months back. I finally finish my cabinet build and fired up the system. I'm starting the pursuit of the perfect skimmer setting. :)

What is your recommendation for water height in the sump, setting on the DC controller and water height inside the skimmer? If there is already a Deltec skimmer setup thread feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Brad

Hey Brad!

Thanks for the post. Im kind of an all or nothing guy so i like to run the DC pump at full speed. A great place to start, is dial the water level adjuster so that the water level inside the clear exit pipe is at about an inch, to an inch and a half below the white bayonet fitting. you'll want about 7-11 inches of water height in the sump, and it needs to be as constant as possible, whether by means of a baffle, or an auto top off. this will ensure very consistent performance.

I'd let it run for a few days to a week at that setting I specified then adjust as necessary. Dialing it in is very simple and does not take much messing with once its broken in. Please let me know you have any other questions at all.

Thanks again

Adam.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if this a good spot to ask or not but, What Deltec skimmer would you recommend for a 8' 240 gallon mixed tank with a moderate bio load, probably 300-350 total water volume?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't know if this a good spot to ask or not but, What Deltec skimmer would you recommend for a 8' 240 gallon mixed tank with a moderate bio load, probably 300-350 total water volume?

HI there,

this is a great place as any! thanks for the post I think the 1660 wood be your best option and they have released an AC version as well with is the one id go with for sure shoot me a pM if you have any questions at all. would be happy to go over any details

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SCA 1351 has been trouble free, great skimmer. I added a swabbie neck cleaner, nice addition to keep the skimmer performing consistently. Not pictured is the C02 scrubber I added, now I can't even hear the skimmer air draw.

20170426_090453.jpg

Back