AI Nero 5

Biggestfish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Hi to everyone. I have Twintech 1500 on my 100 gallon tank, and on 12 litres per day. kH is rock solid at 8.5 and I am completely satisfied with reactor. Mine main concern is do I have to add some extra elements? I use Rowalith W in rector. Or, should I add nothin and see what ICP showes? Reactor is in use for 1 month now and I can see small progress in coral growth. Does thing come even better in some time, since "everything" is stable. With ATS, my pH is great 8,1-8,5. thanks in advance
Only a ICP test will answer that. I get them regularly anyway. It’s cheap insurance.

Biggestfish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Ok. Tnx. What does your ICP says? Do you add something? What about water changes? Thanks
You’re welcome. I make adjustments every test. I run the moonshine method. And do water changes just to vacuum my sand bed or detritus from one of my bare bottom tanks. Every 4-6 weeks typically. I have to dose nitrate and phosphate sometimes. So water changes aren’t needed to control nutrients or trace elements. I also run a clear water scrubber. Another great piece of equipment.

r21

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've just purchased a 1500 second hand but I'm struggling to get it working properly. I followed the Deltec YouTube video and all seemed ok however the CO2 alarm keeps going, well assume its the CO2 alarm as no other alarm is mentioned in the documentation.

If I remove the sensor and power it off and on again, it calls for Co2 and pushes the water down past the float valve but then the alarm goes off after about 5 mins, there doesnt appear to be any leaks and the water is still below the float

Fritz

FishTruck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I had this problem when setting up.

How long does it take to push the gas column down? If it is too slow, it will charge ok the first time, but, when the reactor consumes the gas, it calls for more, comes too slowly, and the alarm will trip.

Fix this by adjusting the pressure at the CO2 regulator (increasing it a little bit).

One more tip... keep the three parameter's matched (tank flow, cycle rate, and pump speed). 24/24/24 for example or 50/50/50.

r21

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I had this problem when setting up.

How long does it take to push the gas column down? If it is too slow, it will charge ok the first time, but, when the reactor consumes the gas, it calls for more, comes too slowly, and the alarm will trip.

Fix this by adjusting the pressure at the CO2 regulator (increasing it a little bit).

One more tip... keep the three parameter's matched (tank flow, cycle rate, and pump speed). 24/24/24 for example or 50/50/50.
thanks I'll increase the pressure but it doesnt even appear to call for gas (no noise from solenoid) it just alarms

FishTruck

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So, I am assuming you turn it on, the solenoid opens and it fills the gas chamber and the solenoid turns off.

Then.... the gas gets consumed and the float valve floats, but then the solenoid does not open?

Solenoid is stuck?

It seems like I also got weird alarms, possibly the same thing, when I was running the continuous circulation pump speed too fast, which was solved by running it at the same number as the other settings.

Also... did you get the instructions with the reactor? There is a fair amount of troubleshooting there. Anyway, keep at it. Initial setup can be a bit of a challenge, but, once you get it going, it is so much easier and less hassles than any other CaRX I have ever had.

Biggestfish

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
You might have air in the system still. I struggled when I set it up getting it all out. If I remember correctly I had the same issue your having. I continued to work on getting all the air out. And the small knob on the tunze regulator I opened up more. It’s the one that’s by the hose connection. That’s what worked for me.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
AI Nero 5

Do you have a Reefing Super Power?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Orphek OR3 Reef Aquarium LED Lighting