Deltec CR Twintech 1500 thoughts and review

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I absolutely love my deltec. This is my first calc reactor and it couldn’t be any easier to run. My PH is 8.1 nighttime and 8.3 daytime. I don’t see any downside.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi to everyone. I have Twintech 1500 on my 100 gallon tank, and on 12 litres per day. kH is rock solid at 8.5 and I am completely satisfied with reactor. Mine main concern is do I have to add some extra elements? I use Rowalith W in rector. Or, should I add nothin and see what ICP showes? Reactor is in use for 1 month now and I can see small progress in coral growth. Does thing come even better in some time, since "everything" is stable. With ATS, my pH is great 8,1-8,5. thanks in advance
Only a ICP test will answer that. I get them regularly anyway. It’s cheap insurance.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok. Tnx. What does your ICP says? Do you add something? What about water changes? Thanks
You’re welcome. I make adjustments every test. I run the moonshine method. And do water changes just to vacuum my sand bed or detritus from one of my bare bottom tanks. Every 4-6 weeks typically. I have to dose nitrate and phosphate sometimes. So water changes aren’t needed to control nutrients or trace elements. I also run a clear water scrubber. Another great piece of equipment.

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just purchased a 1500 second hand but I'm struggling to get it working properly. I followed the Deltec YouTube video and all seemed ok however the CO2 alarm keeps going, well assume its the CO2 alarm as no other alarm is mentioned in the documentation.

If I remove the sensor and power it off and on again, it calls for Co2 and pushes the water down past the float valve but then the alarm goes off after about 5 mins, there doesnt appear to be any leaks and the water is still below the float

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem when setting up.

How long does it take to push the gas column down? If it is too slow, it will charge ok the first time, but, when the reactor consumes the gas, it calls for more, comes too slowly, and the alarm will trip.

Fix this by adjusting the pressure at the CO2 regulator (increasing it a little bit).

One more tip... keep the three parameter's matched (tank flow, cycle rate, and pump speed). 24/24/24 for example or 50/50/50.

r21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem when setting up.

How long does it take to push the gas column down? If it is too slow, it will charge ok the first time, but, when the reactor consumes the gas, it calls for more, comes too slowly, and the alarm will trip.

Fix this by adjusting the pressure at the CO2 regulator (increasing it a little bit).

One more tip... keep the three parameter's matched (tank flow, cycle rate, and pump speed). 24/24/24 for example or 50/50/50.
thanks I'll increase the pressure but it doesnt even appear to call for gas (no noise from solenoid) it just alarms

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am assuming you turn it on, the solenoid opens and it fills the gas chamber and the solenoid turns off.

Then.... the gas gets consumed and the float valve floats, but then the solenoid does not open?

Solenoid is stuck?

It seems like I also got weird alarms, possibly the same thing, when I was running the continuous circulation pump speed too fast, which was solved by running it at the same number as the other settings.

Also... did you get the instructions with the reactor? There is a fair amount of troubleshooting there. Anyway, keep at it. Initial setup can be a bit of a challenge, but, once you get it going, it is so much easier and less hassles than any other CaRX I have ever had.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You might have air in the system still. I struggled when I set it up getting it all out. If I remember correctly I had the same issue your having. I continued to work on getting all the air out. And the small knob on the tunze regulator I opened up more. It’s the one that’s by the hose connection. That’s what worked for me.

szarko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone add trace elements beside reactor? Mine ICP shows deficit of iron, Sr, iodine... and bunch of other stuff. I use Rowalith media. Tnx

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone add trace elements beside reactor? Mine ICP shows deficit of iron, Sr, iodine... and bunch of other stuff. I use Rowalith media. Tnx
Yes, I supplement occasionally with those things. Not very consistently though - I am not sure I see results other than making better ICP results. Holding off in iron until the algae in my frag tank finally gets easier to manage.

Acropora52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an issue that I've tried to reach out to Deltec on facebook but they seem to have stopped checking there. Hoping someone can help.

Basically, everything ran fine initially. Wanted to add some reactor media to the reactor and followed the instructions. After that, had the empty co2 reactor alert come up. Seemed early but swapped out to a 10 gallon co2 tank and fired up. Kept getting the intermittent co2 low alert. I've since rechecked all fittings, reduced the media down to below the inlet (didn't have that initially but figured it wouldn't hurt), have increased/decreased flow, etc. Nothing works consistently. Watching the unit, when I first purge the system of air and fire everything up, it often takes 2-3 tries to get enough co2 in the diffusion chamber to avoid triggering the alert. I've upped the co2 pressure to as high as 3 (recommended 1.5-2). Everything works perfectly and then it has issues. Finally figured out that it is when it degasses that the error comes back on. So now instead of restarting daily (which I was doing with recommended daily degas = to flow rate), I have it set for every 5 days. Ideally I would have pressure back at normal setting with degas rate set to flow rate.

Anyone have any ideas? @Deltec USA

Deltec USA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an issue that I've tried to reach out to Deltec on facebook but they seem to have stopped checking there. Hoping someone can help.

Basically, everything ran fine initially. Wanted to add some reactor media to the reactor and followed the instructions. After that, had the empty co2 reactor alert come up. Seemed early but swapped out to a 10 gallon co2 tank and fired up. Kept getting the intermittent co2 low alert. I've since rechecked all fittings, reduced the media down to below the inlet (didn't have that initially but figured it wouldn't hurt), have increased/decreased flow, etc. Nothing works consistently. Watching the unit, when I first purge the system of air and fire everything up, it often takes 2-3 tries to get enough co2 in the diffusion chamber to avoid triggering the alert. I've upped the co2 pressure to as high as 3 (recommended 1.5-2). Everything works perfectly and then it has issues. Finally figured out that it is when it degasses that the error comes back on. So now instead of restarting daily (which I was doing with recommended daily degas = to flow rate), I have it set for every 5 days. Ideally I would have pressure back at normal setting with degas rate set to flow rate.

Anyone have any ideas? @Deltec USA
Thanks for reaching out! We received your email and have responded with the next steps you can take to get your reactor degassed and up and running. We look forward to assisting you.

Austreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

Was hoping you guys can help out. I have a cr 1500 which I bought new and for some reason I can't get the thing to work correctly. Everytime I run it, it works fine for an hour or so then the water lever in the float chamber starts to drop and continues to drop until its no longer visible in the chamber, bubbles start to get transferred from gas chamber into the reactor chamber causing the level in reactor chamber to also drop. I have bled the reactor so many times until there is no air. I have adjusted the gas from 1.5 to .05 and it still does it. Even slowing the recirculation pump doesn't help. Any ideas guys?...@Deltec USA

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

Was hoping you guys can help out. I have a cr 1500 which I bought new and for some reason I can't get the thing to work correctly. Everytime I run it, it works fine for an hour or so then the water lever in the float chamber starts to drop and continues to drop until its no longer visible in the chamber, bubbles start to get transferred from gas chamber into the reactor chamber causing the level in reactor chamber to also drop. I have bled the reactor so many times until there is no air. I have adjusted the gas from 1.5 to .05 and it still does it. Even slowing the recirculation pump doesn't help. Any ideas guys?...@Deltec USA
Here are a couple things that have caused that problem for me....

The feed pump. When you manually cycle it, it should run from 1 to 99 very quickly - if it is too slow (clogged filter), or if the one way valve is not working - or if it the valve is too stiff and impeding flow - you can get the same problem. I had to find a different one way valve, the one supplied by Deltec caused too much resistance. You can just try and blow through it to see how stiff the one way valve is. If your ears pop and your eye balls pop out - it's too stiff!

Also, make sure the effluent line is not submerged in the sump.

Austreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple things that have caused that problem for me....

The feed pump. When you manually cycle it, it should run from 1 to 99 very quickly - if it is too slow (clogged filter), or if the one way valve is not working - or if it the valve is too stiff and impeding flow - you can get the same problem. I had to find a different one way valve, the one supplied by Deltec caused too much resistance. You can just try and blow through it to see how stiff the one way valve is. If your ears pop and your eye balls pop out - it's too stiff!

Also, make sure the effluent line is not submerged in the sump.
Thanks FishTruck, I will definitely look into pump. Didn't even think of that. Does yours deliver much slower when you manual cycle it on a higher number? I.e I select 100 then manual cycle it the delivery is much slower than if I had it set on 20.

I did replace the one way valve as the supplied one was completely blocked so I think the one I have is ok but I'll double check

Return hose I kept out of the sump from day one. However I notice when it does deliver the effluent I end up with a pocket of air in the top of the reactor where the effluent comes out of, is this normal?

knecht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am interested in the CRTT 1500 and have read conflicting information regarding water flow. What is the minimum water flow supported, 3 liters per day or 10 liters per day? The product page on the website says 10 liters per day, and the instruction manual states 3 liters per day. What does the controller allow?

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in the CRTT 1500 and have read conflicting information regarding water flow. What is the minimum water flow supported, 3 liters per day or 10 liters per day? The product page on the website says 10 liters per day, and the instruction manual states 3 liters per day. What does the controller allow?
Officially from Deltec it's 3 liters per day. I have been running at the minimum for some time now and can say it does work at 3 liters per day.
Hi Guys

What are you current settings on the controller? You'll have three (Liters Per Day of Processed water, Degassing "This should match the liters per day setting" and pump speed.

Back