!!!DELTEC DC SKIMMERS ON SALE NOW AT BATTLECORALS ONLY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

seargentslice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there,

The neck diameter on the 1456/56 is 3.5 inches. The beauty of the newer line of Deltec's is how impressively compact they are. Especially compared to similarly classed skimmers. I have learned myself that bigger does not always mean better, and when proper attention to certain metrics like pump size and needle wheel size and pin count & length, and air and water through the skimmer, and neck/body diameter can make all the difference in stability and over all performance. As opposed to actual size and simply blasting as much air as possible into the skimmer. Sorry for the mouthful here, but this is an area where Deltec truly shines and you almost have to see one in action to really believe it.

Will the 1455 out skim the 170? I'd like to think so, but can't say so for sure. However, it will be a near perfect fit on your 180, and you can expect constant and steady dry foam, and very little "tweaking" . Oddly enough this is one of the rarer instances where ether Deltec is actually they cheaper one at 499.00 vs 859.00 lol! If you wan to put the Vertex up against the comparatively priced 1660 well, then Id' say the Deltec would come out on top :) but it would still be a bit oversized on your 180.

curious though, is there anything you not happy about with the vertex?
No it's a superb skimmer I'm setting up a separate system for growing out frags and backups of my current corals putting the 170 on that... Sooo I always wanted to try a Deltec seeing so many European reefs running them.. But At this price point I think it's time ...

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No it's a superb skimmer I'm setting up a separate system for growing out frags and backups of my current corals putting the 170 on that... Sooo I always wanted to try a Deltec seeing so many European reefs running them.. But At this price point I think it's time ...

Ah ha yes that makes perfect sense. well then I will have to agree with you completely. :) and very good call on the backup system. This is one of the secrets of my success lol. I've saved many an Acro that would be gone for good, having a back up or two.

As for the Deltec, I am certain you'll fall in love with it.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted to try a Deltec and traded in my beloved ATB for a 1350 in mint condition . It's gonna be used for a 80 gallon sps system .

Adam , do you think it's undersized for a sps heavy tank ?

Regards,
ABHISHEK

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
HI there,

Thanks for the post. You are good to go for sure. If you have any questions at all on set up or use hit me up anytime. Welcome to the world of Deltec skimming!

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you recommend for a system consisting of a 45g display, 60g frag tank, and a 70-100g sump (I haven't decided yet which I will get)?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What would you recommend for a system consisting of a 45g display, 60g frag tank, and a 70-100g sump (I haven't decided yet which I will get)?

Hi there,

Hey thanks for the post man. So your looking at roughly 200 gallons it sounds. The 1455 or 56 would be your best option for sure. You'd even have some room to upgrade the display a little sometime down the line or add another small frag tank or something like that no problem.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all either here or in PM

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the adjustability of the dc would be more beneficial over the ac for my situation?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you think the adjustability of the dc would be more beneficial over the ac for my situation?

I Am coming around more and more on the idea of running them at lower speeds, but In this case I don't really see much benefit to throttling it back unless you had an extra low fish load.

200 gallons is an near perfect fit for this one. Do you have a preference between the two at all?

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No preference at the moment but the cost of a replacement pump may sway me one way or the other. Can you tell me the cost of each pump should I need to replace them in the future. My fish load will probably be medium at best, you can only fit so many fish in a 45 and I will keep a few fish in the frag tank they will probably be worker type fish.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No preference at the moment but the cost of a replacement pump may sway me one way or the other. Can you tell me the cost of each pump should I need to replace them in the future. My fish load will probably be medium at best, you can only fit so many fish in a 45 and I will keep a few fish in the frag tank they will probably be worker type fish.

very cool sending you a PM with some details on pump and parts now

Dramad1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Adam, received my skimmer today. Excellent customer service, top notch for sure. Many many thanks you's.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, can you comment on the noise difference between the AC and DC versions? Specifically the SC1456 (which looks right for a new 180 G with around 55G in the sump). I always hear they are "quieter" but haven't seen any in person. I do like the idea of being able to throttle down some early on in the new tank when the fish load is going to be pretty light, and then having the capacity to increase later when the reef matures and I'm stocking heavier.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, can you comment on the noise difference between the AC and DC versions? Specifically the SC1456 (which looks right for a new 180 G with around 55G in the sump). I always hear they are "quieter" but haven't seen any in person. I do like the idea of being able to throttle down some early on in the new tank when the fish load is going to be pretty light, and then having the capacity to increase later when the reef matures and I'm stocking heavier.

Hi there, Absolutely, and thanks for the post. On the smaller line especially(2060 and smaller) both the AC and Dc skimmers are pretty much silent, And i mean zero noise. The 1455 or 56 would be a really good fit on a 180. You may mess around with throttling the DC model back a little Foam might be a little more consistent with a lighter load when you do, but you could easily run it full power as well.

if you have any other questions at all, please let me know.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, Absolutely, and thanks for the post. On the smaller line especially(2060 and smaller) both the AC and Dc skimmers are pretty much silent, And i mean zero noise. The 1455 or 56 would be a really good fit on a 180. You may mess around with throttling the DC model back a little Foam might be a little more consistent with a lighter load when you do, but you could easily run it full power as well.

if you have any other questions at all, please let me know.
Thanks for the answer! So what's the interface for the DC pump? I've never seen any pictures of anything other than the physical skimmer itself. Looks like one wire goes into the skimmer pump, I'm assuming there's a controller of some sort in between the pump and the wall socket to take the AC and convert to DC and enable the control of the DC motor.. Any pictures or manuals anywhere?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the answer! So what's the interface for the DC pump? I've never seen any pictures of anything other than the physical skimmer itself. Looks like one wire goes into the skimmer pump, I'm assuming there's a controller of some sort in between the pump and the wall socket to take the AC and convert to DC and enable the control of the DC motor.. Any pictures or manuals anywhere?

Sure thing its super simple. Ill get a quick pic for you in just a sec. About the size of a credit card and roughly 1/2" thick

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a pic of the controller for the 1351 and 1456. Please let me know if you have any other questions at all.

IMG_4443_zpsb19l2x9x.jpg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to post it somewhere . This is what a Deltec sc1350 pulls out of a 80 gallon sps tank with only 2 clowns but heavy feeding of AA, oyester feast , phyto feast and BRS reef chili everyday along with LRS .
Mind you it's just an accumulation in 2 -3 days .
This is why I love Deltec

IMG_1774.JPG

Regards,
ABHISHEK

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back