Deltec USA is now on R2R!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott,

Any new learnings over the last 4 months of operation? How often are you changing the roller now?

Thanks,
Steve
Well...I have found a few things...

1. It isn't really trapping all that much. I am still using 3 - 4" 200 micron socks and they fill up weekly.
2. I am still on my first roll. The floss is dirty...but clearly not catching nearly as much as my socks.
3. I have not been able to reliably get the floss to stay on the ideal path. It is still gathering more to one side or the other therefore the water is not passing through the floss.
4. The source roll floss is starting to stick to itself and the motor isn't strong enough to pull the fresh floss off the roll. I don't know if the dampness in the area is causing their floss to be sticky or. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

I have been in contact with Deltec to see what they recommend.

Keep in mind I feed a lot. Since my 3 socks are filling up weekly, that means there is a lot of stuff in the water column.

Last edited:

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video -- was influential in my placing an order. (Like you, I value and pay for the simplicity.)

Fishy Jacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Scott,

I was wondering...Are your socks before or running parallel with Deltec? Have you considered pulling socks out to see if the Deltec will operate as intended with more consistent use? "Floss not staying on ideal path" concerns me a bit. I am willing to pay more for something that works simply AND dependably. I see Royal Exclusiv now has a compact version you can drop in sump. So if money is really not a concern... :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back